Libor Kozák

samjp26

31 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Is he really any worse than Gestede?

No but villa love throwing away a player they have spent alot of money on, buying a new player who is also poor and then continuing to pay the old player his wages in full for years because they can't sell him.

It's like paying two shit painters to paint your house. Between them they'll use all your teabags, use two different types of paint to do the same job, make a mess of your house and you'll end up with house that looks worse than it started.

Edited by villa89
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Is he really any worse than Gestede?

I think on what little we've really seen, and know, I'd say he's possibly better...and worth finding out if that's true or not.

Bored of wasting my breath, should be getting a game with our current crop against lower league opposition.  Surely it's his supposed specialty if all he can bag goals against is inferior opposition like the under 21s.

Frustrating, not like he was any worse than anyone in his last 2 second cameo for the first team.  Bullshit is what it is.

• Like 1

He deserves a chance but we would rather stick a bloke with the movement of a 200 year old oak tree up front! I think he will be on his way this window and to be honest if i was in his shoes i would be asking my agent to get me a new club asap!!

I said like a few others on here did 2 months ago that Kozak should get a chance, did far more against sunderland in his 10 mins on the pitch then gestede has done for the last 3 games at least. How he doesnt get on as sub is beyond me. He must be given a chance to start ahead of Gestede, yeah hes not the most mobile player ever but he is far more mobile than Rudy is. He has a knack of being in the right place at the right time. Hes not a world beater but you cant coach someone being in the right place at the right time, the four goals he got before he broke his leg were from the strikers instinct he has.

In his short time on the pitch vs Sunderland he was offside twice and was at least trying to play on the shoulder and push them back, has Gestede ever been offside? Garde is a fool for how he has pushed him to the side and stuck with the donkey.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

This is the main poor decision from Garde for me. I can't understand why he has not been given a chance instead of broken crane.

To be fair there have been a few so I'm not sure where this ranks

Apparently we got an offer for him. It is insane to sell him. Kozak's wages are so minuscule and we'd get basically nothing for him. He is literally the perfect player for the championship. Aerial threat that is capable of making intelligent runs, but for some reason Garde refuses to give him a real chance. I know Kozak isn't some world beater, but selling him and keeping Gestede who time and time again has proven to not have the quality we need is lunacy. Garde is just making the same mistakes again and again.

I fully expect to see Kozak sold this coming week due to Garde's incompetence. 

• Like 1

I hope we sell him, not because I don't like him (I have no personal opinion, except that I like the way he celebrated when he scored for us) or because I don't think he's better than Gestede (it seems pretty clear that he could hardly be worse) but because we need to clean out the squad, as much as possible, and if we can get money and a squad place for a player we have no interest in playing, well then let's do it. 

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I hope we sell him, not because I don't like him (I have no personal opinion, except that I like the way he celebrated when he scored for us) or because I don't think he's better than Gestede (it seems pretty clear that he could hardly be worse) but because we need to clean out the squad, as much as possible, and if we can get money and a squad place for a player we have no interest in playing, well then let's do it. 

I agree sort of. I think selling Kozak is a terrible decision for the reason that his contract is cheap and would be an asset for the club in the championship, but if Garde only sees him as the 4th tier striker, then get rid of him. No point forcing Kozak to occasionally sit on the bench when he could be playing elsewhere and the transfer could get us back some money. 

• Like 1

Â