Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Nigel

I'm loving the confidence and desire from the players at the mo, especially going behind against big teams in both games so far then showing the character to keep fighting. I will worry when we are playing a lesser team as we may get too comfortable through over-confidence. Lets hope the lads show the same fighting spirit against all opponents. 2-1 villa today for me. COME ON LADS!!!

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liverpool are a team which can cause us huge problems, more than most in the league. Even without Suarez, their attack is unreal. Sturridge can score from anywhere, Coutinho is so difficult to pick up, Aspas is a tricky player and Gerrard is always likely to score against us.

Having said that, we're a confident team a the moment. Draw, 2-2.

I'd rotate the side a little to freshen it up after playing two games in 4 days. 

Guzan

Lowton Vlaar Okore Luna

Westwood Delph

Tonev    Bacuna   Agbonlahor

Benteke

Subs:

Steer
Clark
Bennett
KEA
Sylla
Weimann
Helenius 

What's he say?

Spoke about Benteke very coolly, and how much he trusts his young players.  He may seem quite dour to some, but he still radiates belief.

He also spoke about his midweek clash (if you can call it that) with Mourinho with a bit of a twinkle in his eye, laughing about the situation and saying how Jose contested everything, too.

I'm thinking a 2-2 here and I can see a goal from Westwood for some bizarre reason.

As well as a brace from KEA and a hat-trick from Delph  :lol:

In all seriousness though, they're all overdue one!

Edited by Troglodyte

If  we get anything  at all from this game we'll have surpassed most people's expectations for the opening 3 games. a 4 point return from those games is about 4 points more than I expected TBH, but we're looking a lot more organized, with a much better shape, so it's  up to the lads to keep it going - if they can, the sky (four) is the limit

• Like 1

One thing that's clear from reading the Liverpool forums (see my 'Opposite View' thread for their fans' thoughts) is that they seem to have a lot of faith in Kolo Touré.  They were very impressed with his performance against Stoke and lots of them are expecting him to keep Benteke quiet.  It'll be an interesting battle, but I think that even if he does manage to do an effective job, they have a lot more to worry about in terms of Gabby running in behind as they come out to meet Benteke.

• Like 1

Liverpool are undefeated in 14 of their last 15 away matches against Aston Villa in all competitions.

Liverpool have kept a clean sheet in 6 of their last 8 matches in the Premier League.

There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 12 of Liverpool's last 13 away games in the Premier League.

There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Aston Villa's last 7 games in the Premier League.

Goals galore..