Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Nigel

Interesting to see Bacuna in. I'm intrigued to see exactly how he is deployed today. Possibly on the right of the midfield three to help out Lowton against Coutinho?

Agree, need to counter Coutinho's pace, he gave us the run around last season

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be interesting to see if Bacuna is a straight swap for KEA (who's unlucky to be on the bench) or if we'll play a different shape. Okore looked good enough for a start against Chelsea. 

Hopefully it's our turn to score first, then we can pick them off on the counter.

After our good start people here in Iceland are branding this as an important game.

Before the season everyone was saying we would go down but I think people are now realising that they didn't do any proper research and are now seeing the real Villa.

I just think the confidence in the team is sky high so I have no doubt we will score and hopefully go on and win.

• Like 2

Part of me is scared we could be brought back down to earth with a thud today. I don't know why. Hope I'm wrong.

I hope the lads use their anger following the Chelsea game in a productive way and smash plop today! Come on!!!!

I thought it was rich that [Mourinho] said [that Villa are a direct, ugly-to-watch, team]. In that game, Chelsea played more long balls than Aston Villa, if you look at the stats. A counterattacking team? Real Madrid is a counterattacking team at times. Manchester United can be a counterattacking team at times. It's effective for Aston Villa.