Southampton

NurembergVillan

Fonte's been quite strongly linked with a move away as well.

I actually feel sorry for them. They've been clever in the transfer market and with their youth policy and then they just get absolutely stripped of all their best players. Sure they'll make a mint out of it but it's going to be a huge rebuilding job replacing over half their first team players and no guarantees that the new signings will be a success either. If Schneiderlin and Rodriquez ( who are both very good players ) go as well, I'm definitely having a punt on them going down

Fonte and Cork are both on the last year of their contracts. Maybe we should try our luck.

I wouldn't be surprised if Southampton are another club put up for sale very soon.

Fonte and Cork are both on the last year of their contracts. Maybe we should try our luck.

I wouldn't be surprised if Southampton are another club put up for sale very soon.

I wouldn't be surprised either. Liebherr will probably try to make as much as she can from player sales before trying to flog the club, Cortese was a huge asset for them.

• Like 1

Be interesting to see how Pelle and Tadic get on in the Prem. Pelle was 2nd top goal scorer in the Eredivisie and Tadic was top of the assist table, course it's a lot more of a challenge in the PL. 

Edit: Pelle was 2nd top goal scorer...

Edited by AVFCforever1991

I do t feel sorry for them either, unsurprisingly our media went too far, everyone there was hyped up, they were this perfect club that everyone should try to emulate, the 4/5 England players, it was brilliantly refreshing what they were doing in the prem, best academy in the country this that and the other

It was all bollocks

Every time I saw Southampton I saw a poorer version of us when we were finishing 6th, might be the tinted specs but our team was better and we're obviously a much bigger club and far more potential to push on, we got ripped to bits and fell apart, I'd guess that pretty much everyone here saw this coming, but the rags dont want to know, Southampton won't get relegated but they'll be in the fight for a lot of the season, and no one will question it, just like no journos question what's going on with us

• Like 3

I liked that Southampton team for the most part, had they kept that squad together, they might have really pushed on. However, I cannot recall a team losing that many key first team names in one season, going to be very hard to compete at the same consistent level next season.

If the season started tomorrow this is what they'd put out....

Boruc

Clyne                Fonte                         Hoovied               Jack Stephens (think he's a left back)

Ward- Prowse                     Davis           Wanyama                     Tadic

Gaston Ramierez 

Pelle

The bench is basically Jack Cork, Yoshida, Billy Sharp and then a whole host of youth products.

They are in massive trouble imo, need at least 5 quality players to strengthen that. Bottom half finish for sure.

Simon Clancy ‏@SiClancy 37m
Can't be long till Nathaniel Clyne and James Ward Prowse are shipped out of Southampton.

Ben Smith @BenSmithBBC
@SiClancy I know of one Premier League club that have a strong interest in Clyne

Edited by useless

I also wouldn't blame the big boys too much. No club has sold the majority of their first team in one transfer window before. The owner is clearly looking to cash in and sell up imo, and that is something Lerner has effectively done over a longer period of time, because not even he is daft enough to risk selling everyone at once.

If the season started tomorrow this is what they'd put out....

Boruc

Clyne                Fonte                         Hoovied               Jack Stephens (think he's a left back)

Ward- Prowse                     Davis           Wanyama                     Tadic

Gaston Ramierez 

Pelle

The bench is basically Jack Cork, Yoshida, Billy Sharp and then a whole host of youth products.

They are in massive trouble imo, need at least 5 quality players to strengthen that. Bottom half finish for sure.

You say that, but with a couple of signings that's as good a first team as ours. Depth has suffered though.

This S'ton situation could go either way at this point - if Koeman turns out to be a great manager and money is quickly and smartly reinvested they could end up doing just as well as last season. As it stands I still doubt they'll get relegated unless they don't reinvest at all.

Did the person that bought them and got this ball rolling pass away last year? 

I might be wrong, but I seem to remember something about control of the club passing to his daughter. It looks like she has a different version of success in mind.

Did the person that bought them and got this ball rolling pass away last year?

I might be wrong, but I seem to remember something about control of the club passing to his daughter. It looks like she has a different version of success in mind.

4 or 5 years ago, the club was put into the hands of the family club and she took full control this year (when Cortese left).

Â