NurembergVillan

Ward-Prowse is a great talent who will get an England call up next year. They still have Rodriguez. Chambers has also proved himself decent this season. They may have more youngsters coming through. Plus they will spend millions on some fancy name. Betting on them for relegation is a waste of money.

• 2 weeks later...

One thing pissing me off is the Saints fans down here.

Woe is me, how will we cope. Woe is me, we might go down. Woe is me, what a disaster. Woe is me we are in the worst situation in the league.

**** off!

Try being Villa!!!!

Edited by dodgyknees

Thing is they can then reinvest about £60m in their squad. Get the right manager in and they will be fine. I wonder whether Moyes would be interested.

That is two rather large assumptions though, one that the owner (the daughter of the original owner) wants to reinvest and two that they appoint the right manager who invests wisely.

As a Villa fans we should be all too aware that selling your best players doesn't mean that the money will be reinvested or that the right manager will be appointed to spend it.

They could easily suffer the same as we have these last 4 years.

• Like 1

I am picking Saints to struggle next year.They have ( or are going to lose ) their manager,Llana and Lambert and the transfer window hasent even opened yet

I erroneously predicted they'd struggle last season, which should probably teach me not to make predictions. Nevertheless I can't help renewing my prediction this season, as it appears they're losing not just their manager but the very spine of their team.

I feel sorry for them I really do, we've been there and it's horrible.

They are in danger of being picked to the bone and it makes you ask for 86 odd clubs in this country just what is the point.

I'm with you there mate, really sad to see it happen especially when we've had it happen to us. As you say, what is the point? Better yet, how can a team move forward when their squad is torn apart as soon as they have a good season. 

Even their manager was taken, makes it impossible for a team to push on into that upper region of the table.

The rewards for moderate success are to have your team gutted. It's a pity for them but good for us by adding another team to the relegation mix.

• Like 1

Grew up in Southampton.... Pretty much all my mates are Saints fans and they are my second team... I like to see them do well as long as its not against us so naturally I feel bad for my mates and for the club because what is happening to them is pretty much a carbon copy of what happened to us a few years ago... There should be some rules in place whereby the higher up the league you finish, the less transfers you make unless you sell some of your first team members first... Like the draft system in the states where the worst placed teams get the first pick for the best players

Wouldnt work though because its all geared towards separating the top teams from the others...

Â