Southampton

NurembergVillan

why dont they want Aston Villa? bigger club and history than Southampton? Better stadium and facilities etc. Probably around the same price. I think Lambert will improve the squad greatly with big money. His biggest signings have been quality ie Benteke Vlaar Okore. He spots a talent for a player who is decent on very little money. He most likely has been purchasing his 5th and 6th choice players on his list rather than his top 2-3.

I think the Southampton purchase is because its made so public that its for sale. Whereas Lerner has not had any public announcement that hes willing to sell.

Edited by KSV

I think the reason they're choosing Southampton is because of already having business presence in the area I'm not sure what exactly though might be something to do with ship building. As for Everton I know they are always mentioned as a club for sale but I think some of the fans feel that in reality Kenwright just won't let go of the club, don't know if that's true or just something they say out of frustration. It's come to something though when you have to hope your club gets taken over by people with tens of billions of pounds in order to compete, the way it's going even Red Bull would struggle.

Have you got sauce with that? I see nothing on the internet, and to claim that more money is coming in than Man City have seems quite unlikely to me.

It's in the Mirror. We all know how reliable that source is. Whenever the Mirror link us to players, it's immediately taken as gospel because they're just so accurate. Same with this.

Have you got sauce with that? I see nothing on the internet, and to claim that more money is coming in than Man City have seems quite unlikely to me.

It's in the Mirror. We all know how reliable that source is. Whenever the Mirror link us to players, it's immediately taken as gospel because they're just so accurate. Same with this.

Useless and I both heard rumours, we just didn't think it was real. Don't rule this one out.

Edit: 10:39 - and the person who might know something is avoiding any questions from me, I think it has legs.

Edited by dodgyknees

This is apparently a denial from the Dalian Wanda Group

对此,新京报记者向万达集团求证,万达集团董事长王健林表示,目前万达集团没有任何人与南安普敦俱乐部接触 过,也未委托任何人或第三方机构与之进行任何有关球队收购的事宜,这种说法纯属子虚乌有,与事 实不符

"Consequently, a XinJing reporter sought confirmation from Wangda Dalian. Wangda Dalian CEO Wang Jianian replied that to date nobody from the company had ever been in contact with Southampton, nor had any agent or third party discussed the issue of a sale. Such a suggestion was purely fictitious and did not tally with the facts".

Doesn't mean they won't though I suppose.

After the edit looks like John Williams is about to be named as the Chief Exec.

Edited by useless

This is apparently a denial from the Dalian Wanda Group

对此,新京报记者向万达集团求证,万达集团董事长王健林表示,目前万达集团没有任何人与南安普敦俱乐部接触 过,也未委托任何人或第三方机构与之进行任何有关球队收购的事宜,这种说法纯属子虚乌有,与事 实不符

"Consequently, a XinJing reporter sought confirmation from Wangda Dalian. Wangda Dalian CEO Wang Jianian replied that to date nobody from the company had ever been in contact with Southampton, nor had any agent or third party discussed the issue of a sale. Such a suggestion was purely fictitious and did not tally with the facts".

Doesn't mean they won't though I suppose.

After the edit looks like John Williams is about to be named as the Chief Exec.

Oh damnit. I can't stand Southampton, but every single blackburn fan including myself loves john williams. I'm really conflicted about this now.

they were 1st with the Holt transfer in fairness

Oh dear.

Southampton have suspended their striker Dani Osvaldo for two weeks following an unspecified training-ground incident, the Premier League club have announced.

The club have said that the striker's behaviour fell below the standards they expect of their players but have said that they will make no further comment on the matter.

"Southampton Football Club has today suspended striker Dani Osvaldo for two weeks, following an incident at the club's Staplewood training ground," read a statement.

"The club has taken swift and proper action for what it considers a breach of the conduct expected of its players. Southampton will be making no further comment on this matter."

link

Edited by The_Steve

Thing is they have a very good academy set up there. With Portsmouth falling down the divisions they are pretty much the only decent club in the area. Both of these look attractive to potential buyers.

I dont think a good academy is attractive to anyone with that kind of wealth TBH. How important is the good academy to Man city?

Thing is they have a very good academy set up there. With Portsmouth falling down the divisions they are pretty much the only decent club in the area. Both of these look attractive to potential buyers.

I dont think a good academy is attractive to anyone with that kind of wealth TBH. How important is the good academy to Man city?
Wasn't one of the first things done at city after the buy out was to build a good academy?
  • Like 1

Yeah City have spent millions and millions on the area around the Etihad to get a Barca-esque set up around the East of Manchester. Half of Manchester's tram network is going to be disrupted for around a year (as well as scheduled expansion they had lined up anyway). They are building a sort of college in preparation for the youth teams' transfer from the Platt Lane base, right next to the old Maine Road.

---

You know you can tell when someone is off, that Osvaldo has always been weird. Can't wait to find out what it is. *rushes to Twitter*

Wasn't one of the first things done at city after the buy out was to build a good academy?

Pointless exercise TBH. To a team where money does not matter why blood your own kids?

Â