Arsenal

Ghost

Surpised they didn't put in a bid for Lowton.

why? they have Jenkinson who is probably same level and also Sagna still there on big money plus Flamini can play right back

Jenkinson? Same level as Lowton?

Behave.

• Like 1

Surpised they didn't put in a bid for Lowton.

why? they have Jenkinson who is probably same level and also Sagna still there on big money plus Flamini can play right back

Jenkinson? Same level as Lowton?

Behave.

They are pretty similar.. Lowton did have a good season for us, but is prone to a defensive lapse now and again

really? a guy in one of his 1st premier league start at Old Trafford surrounded by a team of players including Rosicky, RVP, Koscielny, Arshavin etc and he was main reason it got bad. 

yet wasnt even on the pitch for last 2 goals

He was at fault for 4 goals that day because of his positioning and poor defending. He was the worst of a bad bunch. An endearing image from that game was the usually calm Walcott screaming at him because he was going too far forward. I accept it was one of his first games at this level and he has improved but my point still stands

I think Lowton is better.

Edited by Voinjama

We got hammered plenty with Lowton in the team. They both came from the lower divisions and have both improved considerably. I prefer Lowton but I don't think Jenkinson is that much worse.

Yeah, I prefer Lowton because of his two goals and some good crosses but defensively I don't think he is any better really. 

• 4 weeks later...

With City, Utd, and Chelsea not covering themselves in glory so far, I reckon Arsenal could well win the league. Ozil was a huge signing for them and the more games they play, the more our win looks like a blip. The real test for them will be November and December when they face Liverpool, Utd, City and Chelsea, but they look as if they can keep it tight defensively when they need to.

• Like 1

Good club, I'd certainly prefer them to win te league ahead of the other mugs up there.

Pleasing to see british players regularly in their line up now.

Suppose the big question now is can they last the pace but they've been in very good form for a while now and defensively are not as bad ad made out.

Big pickup was getting Flamini back, if you look back their last great title challenge was in 07/08 and Flamini was a regular that year before he went for his 5 year retirement in Italy.

Ramsey has been the player of the Premier League so far! Yes I prefer than to united, city and Chelsea

Can't disagree with Ramsay as POTY to date. A revelation.

This has to be the first (maybe second?) season that Ramsey hasn't started off with a broken leg isn't it? He's finally starting to look like the player who was so highly rated at Cardiff, and I think people (mainly whinging Arsenal fans) were beginning to write him off a little early a few seasons ago especially considering he has suffered a leg break so early on in his career.

I could of sworn he's broken his leg twice, is it just the one v Stoke, or was there another?

Yeah he took a while to get back in the swing of things.

For large chunks of last season Wenger seemed intent on turning him into the Welsh James Milner by playing him out on right midfield, Ramsey has always been a central midfielder.

Easy to forget the potential he showed at Cardiff and early on in his Arsenal career, that's why it's too easy to get back on Wilshere's back when he himself has been injured for a year. It takes time to get back up to speed at premier league level.

Since that defeat to us arsenal have been very very impressive. Ramsay is showing the potential he had pre the leg break, ozil is an awesom player and will bring out the best in others. Still a question mark over the squad size if they get any injuries, but I expect ten to sign someone else in January.

I think they are also benefiting from not bringing that many players in, so their team is already gelled. Unlike Spurs and City.

...or bringing in a new manager. They're the most stable of the top sides.

Â