Arsenal

Ghost

Giroud is pretty awful. His record against top 7 opponents is practically non-existent. It was like 1 in 14.

I'd never blame a striker for that, Arsenal have been dominated against the top teams, he never had a chance. Similar to Ozil's criticism, you dominate the ball to give attacking players as chance to shine.

• Like 1

What's the Syria thing about? They did have a Libyan player in the youth team years back.

Here:http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/arsenal-jihadist-ex-footballer-abu-issa-3376223

I thought it might've been Luís Boa Morte but I've since seen evidence to disprove that theory.

Looks like Lassana Diarra to me.

Yeah but he claims to be Portuguese and to have played with Cristiano Ronaldo when he was young.

I went to Fulham-Arsenal last season and Boa Morte was a half time guest as he played for both, he was actually coaching in the Fulham academny at the time so it's certainly not him unless he has a private jet to Syria on the go!

Maybe someone random like Chris Wreh who has had a nomadic existence since he left them. I dunno just guessing as it's a bit late to start trawling through soccerbase and seeing if they signed anyone from the Portugese second division!

I still think its him. Given that he is trying to hide his identity I'm not sure I'd take too much notice of who he says he played with or where he says he is from. It certainly looks like him.

After looking into it, you might not be wrong. From what I could make out from the translation of this article - http://www.rtlnieuws.nl/sport/berichten-over-diarra-syrie-zijn-onzin - there have been rumours that he has gone to Syria although it claims that Lokomotiv Moscow have cone out and denied them. Looking a bit deeper, I see his last appearence for them was on the 16th March and there is nothing to suggest he is injuried.

Blimey Diarra, wasn't so long ago everyone was raving about him, we were linked when he left Arsenal to go to Pompey wasn't he?

I didn't even realise he was playing for Moscow, thought he was still playing in one of the major league. Maybe a case of someone who lost his enthuasim for football and fell in with the wrong crowd?

That resolves that. To be honest, it is probably either somebody just lying to look cool for recruitment purposes or someone who didn't make it past the academy stage at Arsenal and has gone on to do nothing noteworthy.

Edited by Isa

I still think Arsenal will get fourth place.

I agree, that fixture list is incredibly soft.

and Everton have got to play United and City. Still its in there own hands.

I'm beginning to hate this "it's in their own hands" phrase.

I reckon VIlla will win the league next season. It's in our own hands!!

• Like 2

Not saying it doesn't make sense. It just seems to being banded about loads this season.

The title is in Liverpool's hands AND Man City's hands, apparently.

Just overused recently, that's all.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got up this morning. Sunny. Thought, I know, I'm going to walk up to Highgate (London, not Highgate hill, what a picturesque walk that would be) and enjoy waterlow park. Put villa top on. Forgot these had just won the fa cup, and that I live five mins walk from the Emirates.

Crashed through victory parade, like a boss. Even got some 'up the villa!' from friendly gooners for a laugh.

• Like 2

Â