Arsenal

Ghost

I still think they should go all out for Fellaini. He'd be perfect for them. Finally a Vieira replacement.

Totally agreed, story at the start of the summer that they were going to meet his release clause around the same time as the Higuain link first emerged.

I thought to myself, wow, 2 perfect signings to lift them up a notch.

Arsenal are becoming a bit of a joke. I know that might be a strange to say about a club who have qualified for the Champions League for 16 years in a row, but they are.

I dont think its strange, think where they would be if they weren´t a joke.

I still think they should go all out for Fellaini. He'd be perfect for them. Finally a Vieira replacement.

Think Gustavo would've been that man as well

I think Arsenal are going to hugely regret being so stubborn over that. They bid £14m (according to reports / rumours), but Bayern refused to budge from the release clause of 17m. For 3m more they'd have had a fantastic midfielder, exactly what they need, Champions League experience.. 

Think their bubble has burst, I honestly don't think anyone wants to go to arsenal. Think they will struggle to finish in the top 4 this season maybe even top 6. I'm really excited about this season both on a villa level and the premiership in general it's more open than its ever been.

Think their bubble has burst, I honestly don't think anyone wants to go to arsenal. Think they will struggle to finish in the top 4 this season maybe even top 6. I'm really excited about this season both on a villa level and the premiership in general it's more open than its ever been.

Its actually a bit like Man Utd winning the league last season...Chelsea and Man City failing so bad that an average Man U side becomes champions...we, Plop, Spurs and Everton havent put up a proper challenge for Arsenal...

Yeah, I don't think it's that the players won't go.  They're an established Champions League club based in London.  As LL said, the issue is with the transfer fees (although apparently Arsène is very stringent in terms of finances across the board).

Congrats to Aaron Ramsey, after initially looking a very good player that leg break really set him back (obviously). It has taken a long time but he is starting to look a good player again (similar to Delph following his injuries). Nice to see a Brit developing well. Kudos for AW for sticking by him

I think Ramsey has been awful for years. I really do not rate him.

Agreed since the leg break he hasn't been very good. But seems to be finding form again. Lets not forget that at 22, he is younger than our midfielders. He has a great engine on him, and good technique. With a sustained run without injuries I'm sure he will become a quality player.

So Arsenal now into the CL, I wonder if that will see them spend money.

I can't help but wonder if their proclamations earlier in the summer that they had lots of cash to spend were simply an attempt to keep the fans happy and buying ST's and they were never going to spend until/unless they secured CL football.

Â