Arsenal

Ghost

Wilshire is yet another in a long line of English hype-jobs.

I don't agree. Because of Ramsey's form he is being played out of position and despite have a poor game yesterday he still came up with a vital goal.

So you agree he has been pushed out of his position because Ramsey is far more effective than him, hardly an endorsement for Wilshere.

As for the goal, he struck it right at the keeper and only scored because of a sizeable deflection.

wasnt his only other goal a header at Villa Park in a 4-2 game :(

As for Wilshire I think when Cazorla is fully fit he be moved out of side as best midfield is probably

Flamini Ramsey

Walcott Ozil Cazorla 

wasnt his only other goal a header at Villa Park in a 4-2 game :(

As for Wilshire I think when Cazorla is fully fit he be moved out of side as best midfield is probably

Flamini Ramsey

Walcott Ozil Cazorla

Wenger seems to rate him very highly but I agree that it would be difficult for him to break into a midfield like the one outlined above. It'll be interesting to see what Wenger does. It's not looking good for Arteta either, although the writing was on the wall for him as soon as Özil signed.

Wenger seems to rate him very highly but I agree that it would be difficult for him to break into a midfield like the one outlined above. It'll be interesting to see what Wenger does. It's not looking good for Arteta either, although the writing was on the wall for him as soon as Özil signed.

Wenger has rather painted himself into a corner though with Wilshere, he has gone on for so long about how he was going to be the star of the side and its just not happened for a variety of reasons. Now he has seemingly started to assemble a midfield that doesn't include him in the long term and certainly isn't built around him.

Wenger might continue to say he rates Wilshere, that he will be the star of their team but his actions suggest otherwise.

As for Arteta he was a short term panic buy and past his best before they signed him, he has been on borrowed time since the day he signed. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him return to Everton and play for Martinez at some point.

but I think Arteta is 31 now so is coming to the end of his career but having experience like him and Rosicky if both stay fit is good options for the squad and dont think either will complain or be negative imfluences

Wenger has rather painted himself into a corner though with Wilshere, he has gone on for so long about how he was going to be the star of the side and its just not happened for a variety of reasons. Now he has seemingly started to assemble a midfield that doesn't include him in the long term and certainly isn't built around him.

Wenger might continue to say he rates Wilshire, that he will be the star of their team but his actions suggest otherwise.

You're right in everything you say. And only this past weekend I heard Wenger again say, in response to the smoking controversy, something about how Wilshere is central to everything he does w.r.t. the team and its future and he will continue to be. I suppose in the lad's defence, he could be going through a Ramsay-esque re-build after injury, which is why I'm not overly-critical of him (I'm overly-critical of the pundits who hype him). But that midfield that doesn't include him is a far superior one.

As for Arteta he was a short term panic buy and past his best before they signed him, he has been on borrowed time since the day he signed. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him return to Everton and play for Martinez at some point.

Yeah it always smacked of a panic signing and yet he has done well for them. Probably better than many thought he would. He hasn't let them down and he is still a class act that would walk into most sides in the league. He's exactly what we're lacking. Maybe a cheeky loan deal in the January window :P (I know it'd never happen...).

You're right in everything you say. And only this past weekend I heard Wenger again say, in response to the smoking controversy, something about how Wilshire is central to everything he does w.r.t. the team and its future and he will continue to be. I suppose in the lad's defence, he could be going through a Ramsay-esque re-build after injury, which is why I'm not overly-critical of him (I'm overly-critical of the pundits who hype him). But that midfield that doesn't include him is a far superior one.

That is a very valid point and one that had occurred to me and which I perhaps dismissed to easily. It does though seem that Wenger felt he couldn't wait any longer for him with the signing of Ozil and Flamini, those two combined with the form of Ramsey and the return of Walcott and Corzola at some stage would suggest Wilshere is going to struggle to be a regular.

Gaiz, it's Wilshere

3612572+_84f96b1e555aa94f34a0a20e5ce43b5

No-one on this page has misspelled it.

EDIT : Ouch, it seems we have. My most humble apologies. You can trust that I've self-flagellated as a form of enjoyment punishment

Wilshire is being played out of position just like Ramsey was last season, it's Wenger's way of improving him.

He's hoping for a long term benefit while putting up with some below par performances now.

wasnt his only other goal a header at Villa Park in a 4-2 game :( As for Wilshire I think when Cazorla is fully fit he be moved out of side as best midfield is probably Flamini RamseyWalcott Ozil Cazorla

Not really. Özil has come in to play as a #10 or as wider attacking midfielder as he did at Real. Arteta has always been deployed in a deeper role ever since he joined Arsenal. I'd say it is indacative of his importance to Wenger that he pushed Wilshire out wide just to accomondate Arteta. Edited by Isa

Fair enough. I had thought Arteta was more of an attacking centre mid. It'll still be difficult for him when Walcott and Cazorla come back in though nevertheless.

There seems to be two very partisan camps with Wiltshire.  There is the (mainly media driven) he is gods gift camp, and there is the 'he is shit' camp. I'm in the middle I think, I don't believe for one second that any team challenging for the championship should be building a team around this guy, he is however a very good player. 

Fair enough. I had thought Arteta was more of an attacking centre mid. It'll still be difficult for him when Walcott and Cazorla come back in though nevertheless.

It won't be any more difficult for him when they come back, really. Arteta replaced Song as their deepest lying midfielder and is now competing with Flamini for a starting place. Cazorla will play on the left and Walcott will play on the right.

It took Ramsey and Delph an age to get over their injury problems. Wilshere is obviously not playing well at the minute but he was before his injuries. If he recovers his form he'll be a very good player. It's just fashionable to dislike a player that the media have hyped so much - people choose to whinge at his deflected goal, and not mention how good his through-ball was to play Giroud in for a one-on-one. 

Although I admit he will struggle to get into the first choice Arsenal midfield this season, as Ramsey is playing so well in his position.

• 2 weeks later...
Â