Arsenal

Ghost

As if Bale's job wasn't hard enough already. Not only did Ronaldo go there for £80m and score 60 goals only to still be booed at times, but now Bale goes there for £85m. And they lose a fan favourite to fund it. It's hard to see quite how he will keep such a ravenous fan base happy. Fun fun.

Can't stand arsenal, can't stand arsenal fans and can't stand wenger.

I hope their season unravels before them in the most horrific way possible

Don't be too direct now lol. 

If Giroud or a centre back gets injured they will have real issues though.

Wenger may try Ozil in a "number 10" role, too. But I agree Gunners needed a "pure" striker for backup, although it's become a common refrain and yet the sky hasn't fallen.

And they already have fullback issues by virtue of having those fullbacks. Arsenal's season will be dictated by their injury list. Stay healthy and they'll have a good one because it's a small, tight-knit team that knows each other well. Suffer bad injuries and they risk being overtaken by Liverpool (probably a realistic worry in either case).

Pretty much nails it as I see, except I would say they could be VERY good indeed if they stay healthy. There's also Cazorla -- another huge asset. 

Rumors all across the German media that Mesut was forced into the moved by Madrid because they needed money for the Bale deal. They bullied him into the move apparently.

Wasn't really big news tho, was it? Heard this weeks ago. I think Ozil will be pleasantly surprised by north London. There's a humongous and very active Turkish/Kurdish  community in Haringey, an easy walk from the Emirates. Ozil is going to be feted like an absolute rock star there. Can't wait to hear the stories.

Having spent alot of time in Germany, I know their media don't lie, gossip or bullshit as much as they do over here. It still happens to some extent, that is the nature of journalism, but no where near as much. So when I see 3 respected media sources over there saying Mesut was forced/heavily persuaded to move to Arsenal against his will, I think there is some truth in it.

But it could work out well for him, he will be the main man in the team which a player of his calibre deserves.

The rumours probably started because he was still saying he wasn't leaving as recently as Saturday.

I can think of about 42.4 million reasons why he found the move to Emirates bearable in the end.

That money didn't go to him. It went to Real Madrid.

I would actually be surprised if his wage at Arsenal is as high as Madrid but then I doubt he would have taken a paycut in the move.

The rumours probably started because he was still saying he wasn't leaving as recently as Saturday.

I can think of about 42.4 million reasons why he found the move to Emirates bearable in the end.

That money didn't go to him. It went to Real Madrid.

I would actually be surprised if his wage at Arsenal is as high as Madrid but then I doubt he would have taken a paycut in the move.

Doh. :blush: Dunno what I was thinking -- not enough sleep lol. Bottom line is I'm not surprised he was prised away from Real, and I think he'll find Arsenal much more exciting for himself than he might have imagined before. If Ozil had been purchased sanely at the beginning of the summer, I'm pretty sure Gunner fans would already be whinging about not getting enough signings. Now that they've had their hopes beaten down a bit, they're absolutely over the moon about Ozil. Not every single Gunner fan, obviously, but they're pretty stoked ...

BTL004QCQAA6TeW.jpg

Edited by Shifted To Neutral

change it to 4m upfront and the 140k a week then....

nah that sounds horrible

don't spose we'll ever know but id be interested to know how the move impacts him off field, the prem just lost their latest poster boy, eto'o is probably too old, rooney is a dick, so is wilshere, RVP will only do it for another 1/2 years, hart is out of form, so by the start of next year I can see ozil and probably hazard and a token English player (or even our own CB?) being the face of premier league football and becoming a even bigger global star and earning huge amounts of cash from it

They have great midfield options.  Ozil, Walcott, Rosicky, Wilshere, Ramsey, Arteta, Diaby, Carzola, Ox.   Defence is also good but up front if Giroud isnt playing they will struggle.  He is so important to that team.  Especially the way he has been playing.  Do they still have Bendtner?

Defence isn't good though that's the point. Mertesacker is an ocean liner. Vermaelen is injured and was struggling beforehand. They've 1 decent fullback amongst Monreal, Gibbs, Sagna and Jenkinson. That's Gibbs. Koscielny is the only properly good defender they've got. And Szczesny still has questions marks over his ultimate ability and consistency. Their best form of defence really is attack.

Yeah it isnt top class but it is good.  Surprised how good Mertesacker has been for them since turn of the year.  I was of the same opinion before.  I like Monreal and Gibbs.  Sagna is not as good as he used to be.  Jenkinson can do a job but not good enough.  Agree re Koscielny.  They really need Vermaelan to come back strong.  They should've gone for Given!

Sagna in particular has been utter garbage for a while now yet he keeps his place because Jenkinson is the alternative. Monreal started off well but has lost his place to Gibbs. I'd nearly put Monreal on the right if he could play there. Their leftbacks are their 2 best fullbacks.

really? a guy in one of his 1st premier league start at Old Trafford surrounded by a team of players including Rosicky, RVP, Koscielny, Arshavin etc and he was main reason it got bad. 

yet wasnt even on the pitch for last 2 goals

Â