Arsenal

Ghost

Arsenal are a couple of players away from being able to challenge, a position they seem to always be in as they sell their top places and get a couple of decent players in. If they get ozil in then they will still need a centre forward.

Only as back up, Giroud has been awesome for them so far, 4 in 5 I think. As I seem to have said about a billion times over the last three pages, that player they need if they want to challenge for the title again is a CM willing to do the dirty work but can join in in attack too.

Wouldn't mind if they didn't though, it would be brilliant to see one of the "Sky 4" fall down the league :D

Liverpool were originally one of the sky 4 and they've fallen.

Arsenal are a couple of players away from being able to challenge, a position they seem to always be in as they sell their top places and get a couple of decent players in. If they get ozil in then they will still need a centre forward.

Only as back up, Giroud has been awesome for them so far, 4 in 5 I think. As I seem to have said about a billion times over the last three pages, that player they need if they want to challenge for the title again is a CM willing to do the dirty work but can join in in attack too.

Wouldn't mind if they didn't though, it would be brilliant to see one of the "Sky 4" fall down the league :D

Liverpool were originally one of the sky 4 and they've fallen.

Indeed, and I loved that too! Unfortunately they look like they've sorted themselves out :(

BBC saying they are in talks with Ozil and also want Di Maria and Benzema. Surely would be around 90 million for those three?

I don't get the Benzema part. I think Girouds just a better striker, while also being the more complete player. The way they both play for France backs that up.

Edited by Rovers13

BBC saying they are in talks with Ozil and also want Di Maria and Benzema. Surely would be around 90 million for those three?

apparently Man U have hijacked the Ozil deal (£42.5m :o ). I hope Arsenal sign nobody and end up outside the top 4 this season.

• Like 1

I'm really looking forward to seeing Ozil play. He could tear this league apart. 

Seeing as we've already beaten Arsenal anyway, I will be hoping they can win the league this year. Flamini can provide the much needed defensive midfield cover they need, and then a front 5 of Wilshere, Ramsey, Walcott, Ozil, Giroud. Incredible attack - it just depends on how well they can defend.

I used to hate Arsenal back in the day when Ian Wright and then when Henry played for them later, but I've grown to like them teenyweeny bit, at least more than Chavski, Manure, Liverpool or ManCity. As much as ponce Wenger can be, I like his tranfer policy as he just haven't gone and bought "Fashionable player of the season"-players for high fees as rest of the Sky4 teams have but always tried to buy right players for his team.

One could say I have grudging respect toward Arsenal and Wenger. Wenger really must rate Özil to throw that kind of money for him, might have been panic buy but Wenger is so stubborn that he wouldn't buy player "just because".

If Giroud or a centre back gets injured they will have real issues though.

And they already have fullback issues by virtue of having those fullbacks. Arsenal's season will be dictated by their injury list. Stay healthy and they'll have a good one because it's a small, tight-knit team that knows each other well. Suffer bad injuries and they risk being overtaken by Liverpool (probably a realistic worry in either case).

They're ahead but not enough to be cocksure they'll stay there and their squad is arguably weaker. Plus Liverpool have started picking up some very good results. It's enough to keep Arsenal 'focussed'.

Â