Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

Chelsea are my tip for the tiitle with man city - this is going to be one of the toughest matches of the season and I suspect the scoreline will reflect that. We're still well shy of their class but I expect us to be far more competitive than last time around - hopefully we can celebrate a goal or two though. 

4-2 to Chelsea

It was only 2years ago we did them 3-1 at the bridge, but they have improved a lot since then. Other than the 7-1 and 8-0, we always seem to do well against them. We'll all be in dreamland if we could do it tomorrow just imagine how it would feel haha

Ill be ecstatic if we're top tomorrow after a draw

I think it will be a typical boring defeat - thinking 2-0 Chelsea. They will score fairly early and we will be chasing and doing our best to get back into it, and then they will get another towards the end.

Is Lampard set to break anymore records? Because if he is it will happen tomorrow.

Won't be a horrendous defeat i don't think. I'm looking towards the Liverpool game as I think we can really get something from that one. I think tomorrow will just be a good chance to see Okore and maybe some of the other new guys.

Edited by Tayls

Mourinho claims we are a good side and can beat any of the title contenders

He also said that he's not happy with 2 - 0 wins he wants his team to go out and destroy opponents and thrash them 4 or 5

clay-davis-sheeeiiiit.jpg

Still going to stick with my 3-0 Chelsea.

Apparently, Lukaku could start and he'll cause us major problems. I am actually really worried about this game.

Edited by Farlz

At least David Luiz is out definitely tomorrow and Sylla should be fit doubt he'll start though even tho i want him to.

Our gameplan should be the same as at Arsenal, get Gabby into the box drawing fouls for red cards and pens :)

On a side note I think Gabby must have won the most pens out of any player in Prem history? He and Ashley Young used to get us bundles under O'Neill be interesting to find out which single player has won the most ever

On a side note I think Gabby must have won the most pens out of any player in Prem history? He and Ashley Young used to get us bundles under O'Neill be interesting to find out which single player has won the most ever

According to the font of knowledge that is, ahem, Talksport, Gabby had won the fourth most - and Young second - as of April 2012.  Bent was also third on that list.

Since then, Gabby's two at the weekend (and any others since the article that I can't recall) may have elevated him to second, although Young may have won some since, too.

According to the font of knowledge that is, ahem, Talksport, Gabby had won the fourth most - and Young second - as of April 2012. Bent was also third on that list.

Since then, Gabby's two at the weekend (and any others since the article that I can't recall) may have elevated him to second, although Young may have won some since, too.

Good find, cheers. Knew he had to be up there somewhere.

I dare say Mourinho hasn't forgotten that losing to us at VP was the straw that broke the camel's back in his last tenure as Chelsea manager. I'm sure he is especially keen to see us suffer.

They're enourmously talented - our best bet is to attack them and force the likes of Hazard, Oscar and Mata to do more of the defensive work they don't enjoy. Failing that, if Luiz is out, then we could get some joy if Benteke were to bump into one of their starting CB's, putting him out for a month; I'm not sure they've got the depth to cover.

Can't see it anyway. I think we'll score, but I think they're just too good - 4-1 or 4-2 to them.

• Like 1

I really fancied us to beat Arsenal because their starting line up was nothing to write home about. Also, we have an excellent record at the Emirates and I think that is mainly to do with the size of the pitch. Chelsea are a different quality altogether and their pitch is more compact. I would love Villa to get something out of the game but my heart isn't winning this battle with my head. I fear a hammering here and would be surprised if we conceded any less than 4 to be honest.

My prediction is a 4-1 defeat with our goal being a Benteke penalty after Terry's customary late lunge on Gabby has he charges through on goal. Of course, the ref will only give Terry a yellow despite being the last man!