Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

Hope we have a dedicated DM for this game.  Might even be tempted to drop Weimann although it doesn't seem like Lambert is willing to give the top 4 too much respect.

i was thinking the same but can we seriously stop them from scoring 2 goals, id like to think we can if we set up a really solid defensive midfield unit, I say 2 goals because I definitely think we can score with our attack, we could do a lot of damage on the counter attack but in all honesty I think lambert will go for a more attacking mode of play, either way I think we could get a draw if we contain them, im going to say 2.1 Chelsea though

I cannot see Lambert changing our 4 3 3 for this, didn't we go 4 2 4 at old trafford recently ? On saturday's form I would drop Weimann for clark and bring in okora

alongside vlarr to go 4 4 2 but am 100 % behind whatever he see's fit to try. 

Although we have had some thrashings of late we don't have a bad record against them with an entertaining 4 4 draw not so long ago and under mcliesh did we not

win 1 3 ?

Would really love to get a result here and make up for the 8 0 from last year - although the score didn't flatter chelski that much ! Guzan seems to command his goal

well and let's hope our defense is ready for a battle  !!! bring it on 

Edited by hanxamillion

I cannot see Lambert changing our 4 3 3 for this, didn't we go 4 2 4 at old trafford recently ? On saturday's form I would drop Weimann for clark and bring in okora

Although we have had some thrashings of late we don't have a bad record against them with an entertaining 4 4 draw not so long ago and under mcliesh did we not

win 1 3 ?

Would really love to get a result here and make up for the 8 0 from last year - although the score didn't flatter chelski that much ! Guzan seems to command his goal

Confused by this?! You'd drop Weimann and play Clark where exactly?! Especially as you're bringing in okora (Okore) alongside Vlaar?! Anyway same team that played the majority of Saturday for me and I fancy 2-2

Guzan

Lowton Okore Vlaar Luna

Clark

Westwood   Delph

Weimann                Gabby

Benteke

Would understand if we put Bacuna in for Weimann.

***  Sylla in for Clark if fit, possibly put Clark at CB and drop Okore if he can play like he did vs Arsenal (assuming Baker is injured)  ***

win 1 3 ?

Confused by this?! You'd drop Weimann and play Clark where exactly?! Especially as you're bringing in okora (Okore) alongside Vlaar?! Anyway same team that played the majority of Saturday for me and I fancy 2-2

As stated in the 4 4 2 ie gabby and benteke up top clark westwood delph kea in midfield luna vlaar okore lowton defense i fancy a 1 - 2 

Yes Chelsea are a big threat to any team but what is certain this season is that they will drop some points both at home and away throughout the season...why not to a young, hungry, fearless Villa side full of confidence and running?

The only change I would make to the line up is Okore in for Clark and I say we go to hit them on the break as we did superbly at Arsenal, with Gabby running at their center backs again and Benteke and Weimann stepping it up another notch, with our midfield 3 not allowing them time and space on the ball.

Think there will be goals in it too, 3-3, and I would be delighted with a point against most likely the eventual champions of the league. I honestly think we can do it if we play to our potential. UTV!

• Like 2

... and I would be delighted with a point against most likely the eventual champions of the league. I honestly think we can do it if we play to our potential. UTV!

Still not getting why so many people think Chelsea is going to be No. 1 this season. I just don't see it.

How have ManU and ManCity really deteriorated in any way, really? What's so great about Chelsea this year? 

... and I would be delighted with a point against most likely the eventual champions of the league. I honestly think we can do it if we play to our potential. UTV!

Still not getting why so many people think Chelsea is going to be No. 1 this season. I just don't see it.

How have ManU and ManCity really deteriorated in any way, really? What's so great about Chelsea this year?

Just an opinion really, could be wrong, certainly a 3 horse race between the other 2 also, lot of pressure on Moyes, perhaps Man U are too reliant on Van Persie, if he gets injured they will struggle more I reckon, and Man City, great result tonight but sometimes the team spirit is not there and wasn't last season. I don't think it is 'deteroriation' I just think Chelsea will win it this year, a feeling, ( last year i thought that United would win the league though I was questioned by mates at the start about Man city having a much better squad) Anyway, i think Chelsea have the best squad of players this year, players that can hurt teams, rip open defences and score goals from all over the park, my chelsea mate reckons their center backs alone scored 14 goals between them last year...though like I said, I think we can go there and get something.

For what it's worth I think Villa can finish in the top 8 and have had money on it. Time will tell, but would **** love it and I think we will cause a few more upsets this season. UTV.

• Like 2

Hasn't Mourinho got a record from his last time at Chelsea that they were never beaten at home whilst he was in charge?

Chelsea to win 4-1.  

just can't see anything else but a Chelsea win unfortunately.

Guzan

Lowton Vlaar Okore Luna

Westwood Sylla Delph

Andi Beast Gabby

I think we could give them a good game and maybe win but can also see us being brought back to earth with a bump, could go either way.

It's going to be interesting to see how Chelsea's D (which is a bit old for its core bits and loves to get folks forward from the backs) deals with the speed of our youth on counter. It's really our best chance; we aren't talented or seasoned enough to break down that midfield, which is pure class and has had a year to gel. It's the heart of their own youth movement.

That, and them looking ahead to United are our best hopes for a point.

Update to my post already in this thread, if Baker is out, would go with Okore over Clark. Not just the fact because he played well against them in the CL last season, but as he is a better stronger and quicker defender than Clark. The team I would select would be the following:

Guzan

Lowton Okore Vlaar Luna

Westwood Delph KEA

Gabby Benteke Weimann

Edited by Avflife

Mourinho.

The hype around him is ridiculous, but it's there for a reason. He's an excellent manager. He's unbeaten at home in the PL.

I think they have a great chance this season, and he's one of the main reasons.

• Like 1

What's Sylla's injury status?

Pretty sure it was just a knock and he just missed out on being ready for the Arsenal game.

We were able to go out pretty attacking against Arsenal, Chelsea will be different and I think Sylla will be back.