Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

Think we need to play quite conservative today.

As much as I love Weimann I would put Bacuna in his place. Him and Gabby on the counter....just think Bacuna having been tried for RB will be better Vs Cole, Mata/Oscar etc.

Id start with:

_______________Guzan________________

_Lowton____Okore______Vlaar_____Luna__

________Sylla__Westwood__Delph________

___Bacuna____________________Gabby___

_______________Benteke________________

Always up for playing conservative!

I mentioned that line up the other day actually as well,   but KEA instead of Sylla as I'm not sure on his fitness just yet

Edited by Richard

I couldn't say I'm not getting afraid of the game .. Remembering last game at SB seems horrible !

But at the same time I won't rule us out of the game .. I just don't want to high my hopes like last year there !

Anyway hopefully we could do it and win this time and not to lose !!

Just realized that if we manage a draw, we'll go top of the table again on goal difference. At least until the weekend.

Goals scored wouldn't it be?

Table after an n-n draw:

Villa: 4 pts, +2 gd, 3+n scored

Chelsea: 4 pts, +2 gd, 2+n scored

Sorry, yeah - goals scored.

I would be delighted with a draw but I think Chelsea will be too much for us to handle. 3-1 to the home side today.

Edited by heid3ster

Lets just not get hammered this time. Chelsea looked like they were about to put 8 past Hull on the weekend but slowed down 2nd half.

If we get in at half time 0-0 I will be happy, we usually either hold our own or get smashed to bits. 

why do I feel like were going to win tonight, I just cant see how we will but I have a feeling were going to get a big result tonight, its probably my heart overruling my head though, if we can hold it together in the middle of the field we will do ok, last thing we need is the defence being under pressure for long spells, its nights like tonight that make a team, come on villa

Mourinho has said he wants his team to annihilate and destroy opposition on the eve of our game hmm is that just mind games because of the fact we did get obliterated there last season?

I hope our good record against him continues,  but whoever finishes above ski this season will win the league imo

Villa. Guzan/Lowton Vlaar Clark Luna/El Ahmadi Westwood Delph/Weimann Benteke Agbonlahor

Subs: Steer, Bennett, Okore, Bacuna, Helenius, Sylla, Tonev.

Official

Chelsea. Cech/Ivanovic Cahill Terry Cole/Ramires Lampard/Mata Oscar Hazard/Ba

Official

Edited by troon_villan

I would hope we go conservative for this game, remeber last season where we went with the same team that had beat Liverpool the week before? Would drop Weimann and replace him with Bacuna and push Bacuna and Agbonlahor back down the pitch to give the full backs some protection.

Guzan

Lowton   Vlaar  Clark   Moon

Bacuna KEA Westwood Delph Aggy

Benteke