Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

I hope Sylla is fit for this one as we will need some serious steel in midfield.

Me too but I don't think he will be. He was outstanding against them at Villa Park and we deserved to get a result. Don't agree that we should change formation - just tactics. We have to play to our strengths as well and they are going forward. If we just sit back we'll be massacred - a sensible counter-attacking game is what we'll need to keep them occupied.

Baker's out with a twisted ankle. So Clark or Okore? Clark was impressive against Arsenal but Okore was impressive against Chelsea with his old club. Think Lambert will stick with Clark, which I have no problem with if he plays like he did against Arsenal.

They have a lot more than just Lukaku. Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Lampard, De Bruyne and Schurrle are just a few who could seriously do some damage. And Torres always seems to score against us. Honestly don't think we stand a chance, but I'm still looking forward to the game and hope for the best.

I'd be hugely surprised, and a little disappointed, if the team didn't line up as it did on Saturday (with the obvious exception of Clark or Okore in for Baker).

Anything else would be an injustice.

Benteke should have a word with his Belgian mates at Chelsea. Tell them to pull out of the match with the flu or he'll shoulder charge them, putting them out of action for the rest of the season.

Fxd ur pst

Im happy as long as we dont lose by more than two goals. This match, and Old Trafford, is the two matches each season that i just wished didnt exist.

Man City away? That's the one that I genuinely despise as we never get a kick (in the league). It rains, we get smashed and its depressing.

• Like 2

I'd be hugely surprised, and a little disappointed, if the team didn't line up as it did on Saturday (with the obvious exception of Clark or Okore in for Baker).

Anything else would be an injustice.

Injustice, suprised and disappointed?

When you have 3 big games in a week, I wouldn't be suprised to see changes, personally. I'd like the majority of the team to be the same, but a few tweaks just to keep the competition healthy.

Guzan, Lowton, Vlaar, Okore, Luna, Westwood, KEA, Delph, Tonev, Benteke, Gabby

4-1-2-3

....... maybe..

............ I can't decide..

:D

I sense way too much awe of José Mourinho. Perhaps I'm way wrong, but I smell awe, and it doesn't seem fully justified given the complete context. I predict it will be a tough challenge for us, but we're going to cause some serious havoc and, if we lose, go down fighting hard. I'm not sure it's wise to pour our hearts into this particular match, but as I said above, I'm not sure our boys are capable of NOT fighting with a lot of heart and energy at this stage. Last year's demons are very fresh in our boys' minds, and they're battling to exorcise them, IMHO. 

I'm changing my final score to:

Chelsea 3-2.

• Like 1

I think with Chelski playing ManUre the following Monday (and then the Super Cup on Friday), Mourinho will give run outs to those who didn't feature yesterday, such as Mata, Azpilcueta, Luiz etc - it will be a good opportunity to a) rest a few (already) and B ) see how his other 'stars' do in a competitive game.

Chelski IMO, have the strongest squad in the Premier League and no matter who they field, they will have a great chance of winning.

I hope that we give them a good game and come out of it with something (other than a drubbing!)

Last years result should be enough incentive for our boys to give it a go.

Edited by theboyangel