Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

Bit annoyed about Okore not getting a start, not often that you substitute a CB unless they're injured but I hope it happens at some stage tonight, Okore really needs some game time after all the pre-season that he missed.

Bit annoyed about Okore not getting a start, not often that you substitute a CB unless they're injured but I hope it happens at some stage tonight, Okore really needs some game time after all the pre-season that he missed.

I'd be more annoyed if we played a player who was clearly off the pace after missing a good chunk of pre-season 

I'd be more annoyed if we played a player who was clearly off the pace after missing a good chunk of pre-season 

Not really, he has played against Chelsea before at least and he needs to get some game time as soon as possible. 

Hopefully he'll get a 45 minute run out after half time or something.

Not really, he has played against Chelsea before at least and he needs to get some game time as soon as possible. 

hes not bloody well match fit. something he did last season while fully fit doesn't magically make him up to the pace right now

christ, you'd swear lambert just didnt want to pick him or something. HES NOT FIT FOR STARTING A PL GAME

He seems like a confident lad but maybe Lambert doesn't wanna throw him into a debut which could potentially be damaging long term.

Eh??? This isn't the kind of game for giving players "run outs" you know

Edited by Giro
  • Like 1

Good morning from across the pond in sunny Portland. How are you all doing today? Big day of football for me. Got the main event here and then Portland vs Real Salt Lake later on.

• Like 2

Good morning from across the pond in sunny Portland. How are you all doing today? Big day of football for me. Got the main event here and then Portland vs Real Salt Lake later on.

What are you doing in Portland Nathan?!

Eh??? This isn't the kind of game for giving players "run outs" you know

I don't mean for the sake of it, I mean to help build up his match fitness and also I believe it would benefit our game. I think this would be the ideal game to play him as he has played against Chelsea before already. I also think that even though Clark played okay on the weekend, Okore will prove himself to be miles ahead in terms of ability.

Clark hasn't won me over from a half decent 70 minutes of football, I don't think he is good enough.

Maybe you'll see both your teams beat the best teams in their respective leagues. Or not, Yeah probably not. But you can always hope.  :)

Maybe you'll see both your teams beat the best teams in their respective leagues. Or not, Yeah probably not. But you can always hope.  :)

Yeah, RSL knocked us out of the League Cup which was a bitter pill to swallow after a really good tournament. I do fancy a result against them tonight.