New Kit 2014-2015

lmarsha_926

The Lazio love in is turning my stomach. They are the Roman noses.

Roma are sort of my serie a side, (I don't follow it that much) because I took Latin and the Roman Empire fascinates me, but that lazio kit is so nice.

Then again Roma's are really nice too. Both teams have awesome colors.

And Roma aren't affiliated with Nazi skinheads

Hmmm... Yeah... That too...

I truly don't understand why people think fascism is ever a good idea.

Everyone needs a hobby.

• Like 1

I don't support Lazio (or Roma) but I don't think the entire fanbase are fascists, just an extreme few. Same goes for clubs associated with the far-left.

To be honest I'm glad politics is mostly kept out of English football.

Edited by Mantis

I don't support Lazio (or Roma) but I don't think the entire fanbase are fascists, just an extreme few. Same goes for clubs associated with the far-left.

To be honest I'm glad politics is mostly kept out of English football.

To be honest, there isn't a "leftist" curva left any more. Used to be that Roma was left and Lazio were fascists, now there are loads of rascist nazi types in the stands everywhere at every ground. Maybe Bologna, Lecce, Fiorentina, are the only one's I can think of that aren't now infamous for total rascist d*ckwads in the stands. Last game I went to was Roma v. Fiorentina and where I was the atmosphere was ok, bit of "banter" with the fiorentina fans but not much more than that and the odd flying flare. I've been in situations (I remember watching Ascoli in serie B in particular) where it was HORRIBLE. Just mental chants and massively organised far right, far, far, far, right stuff. Got told to shut the f*ck up in no uncertain terms by who I was with for fear of getting into bother. Still though go up the road a bit and there's U.S. Sambenedettese which is some of the best times in a football ground I've had. Watching comedy football with a great atmosphere. 

It's a really bad do, loads of people don't go because of it, I don't go as much as I'd like either because sometimes you can't avoid it and it's really not a nice vibe at all. Massive problem, leading to empty stadiums, falling tv revenue and a poorer league.

As for the whole fanbase of Lazio, yeah, you're right, I know a few who are embarrassed by their associations with the right, but I will say this, you meet a lot more who are prepared to tell you about how great it was with trains running on time when Mussolini was around. Seriously.

Still though, much prefer the 81 inspired kits on the other page to the horrible Lazio efforts ;)

Im pretty sure macron will know that producing skinny fit shirts for us would see sales plummet, in Italy those fans who buy the shirts will have the physique of an athlete, sat down with a cigarillo and a coffee outside a café looking very suave, in Birmingham you'd have an 18st forklift truck driver squeezed into one with a roll up in his mouth outside the rose & crown.

Yeah, seriously I can`t understand that unless you have a truly massive fanbase like barca or whatever. Those slim fits shirt have to sell worse, I mean they just have to. I am all for two versions so people can pick but I guess that is asking too much. Personally I always liked some that I have room in with long sleeves.  One of the first shirts I had was a black roma shirt which had that slim fit and my god is it hot. You sweat much more and playing in the heat is painful, at least that is what I remember.

Perhaps they could do something revolutionary and keep the kit for two seasons in a row. Yeah I know a mad thought as they can charge 50 quid for a slight  variation on  last seasons and makes bucket loads of money, to which to keep our players in the luxury they are used to, whilst making a slight dent in our huge financial losses.  I got a 10 quid voucher to buy a shirt, and that is about as much as I would pay for one.