New Kit 2014-2015

lmarsha_926

Putting a document together now to send to the club so if you could give me any other info you want passed on about designs, quality, and details you want in the kit, it would be a help.

Also in an away kit do you prefer tradition or something different like this year

I echo calls about the cut/fit. It's probably the main reason I didn't buy last season's kit.

This season's seems to be an improvement but, as others have said, that Lazio fit seems perfect. But also appreciate that the "larger" fan may not hold the same opinions.

As for designs, I think you probably know yourself which of your designs in the past have garnered the best response. So maybe if you dig out your/our favourites form the past couple of seasons and put hem in a poll you could send them a selection of the most popular ones? Think that's probably safer than just the odd one from here that someone says they like (that lightning one for example, no offence, is awful imo and not sure it would be too popular amongst the majority. But obviously a poll would confirm that)

Finally, congratulations on the recognition! Something we've been wishing would happen for years!

BRVsTMECUAAY2eI.png

How about some totally different for a home kit

No No No No.

Go mad on the away kit. Home kit should ALWAYS be blue sleeves, claret body. Always.

But it just gets sooo boring! Let's just go mad and bring back the classic Poo Brown and Sky Blue

As for the Home kit i quite like simple, smart kits. i remember the Lazio style shirt going down well:

Q1MmEnJ.png

My Opinions:

The above kit is fantastic. 

This season's home kit is nice from the crest down. The weird vents on the chest, an over fussy collar and those superfluous macron men on the shoulders are what prevent me from buying it.

We should have a really simple home kit, saving any experimentation or extra detailing for the away strip.

The Macron men on the shoulders must go. It's enough to have Macron emblazoned in such a prime position across the chest, given as much onus as the team crest. The brand would get more recognition/respect if they used their logo less.

Two different cuts would be great. The Nike 'FX Pro' era jerseys are the last ones I bought because they fitted well. Still wear the black one playing football. 

Personally, I think, If a sponsor wants us to walk around wearing their brand on our chests they should subsidise the cost of the jersey. As it stands, we are just willing advertisement chumps who don't necessarily wish to convey the messages of our team's sponsor. I'm surprised there isn't a law against this, actually. I'd happily pay full whack for a shirt with no sponsor, but I think we should be remunerated by dafabet (or whoever) through subsidisation. I think £20 off the jersey price would be fair. 

I like yellow for an away kit. Still love the yellow mita copiers 3rd kit we had when Ron was in charge. That was ace

I also wish we would bring that badge back too

Edited by KHV

As for the Home kit i quite like simple, smart kits. i remember the Lazio style shirt going down well:

Q1MmEnJ.png

My Opinions:

This season's home kit is nice from the crest down. The weird vents on the chest, an over fussy collar and those superfluous macron men on the shoulders are what prevent me from buying it.

We should have a really simple home kit, saving any experimentation or extra detailing for the away strip.

The Macron men on the shoulders must go. It's enough to have Macron emblazoned in such a prime position across the chest, given as much onus as the team crest. The brand would get more recognition/respect if they used their logo less.

Two different cuts would be great. The Nike 'FX Pro' era jerseys are the last ones I bought because they fitted well. Still wear the black one playing football.

Personally, I think, If a sponsor wants us to walk around wearing their brand on our chests they should subsidise the cost of the jersey. As it stands, we are just willing advertisement chumps who don't necessarily wish to convey the messages of our team's sponsor. I'm surprised there isn't a law against this, actually. I'd happily pay full whack for a shirt with no sponsor, but I think we should be remunerated by dafabet (or whoever) through subsidisation. I think £20 off the jersey price would be fair.

But they pay the club the going rate for the advertisement space, they don't get it for free.

Q1MmEnJ.png

My Opinions:

But they pay the club the going rate for the advertisement space, they don't get it for free.

I understand that, but they do get free sponsorship from us every time we wear their brand in public. It seems unfair to me, that you can't wear your club's shirt without being a walking advertising board.

Apart from the quality of the material for the shirts which is shite, the only other gripe with macron that I have is that they tend to over complicate the shirt by adding little details which make the shirt look worse.

• Like 1

aston-villa-home.jpg

aston-villa-2.jpg

aston-villa-3.jpg

I know these are from a few years ago but I really like them especially the collars and sleeve details on the first 2.

Were these your designs Luke?

I'd love something simple like these ones. There was just a bit too much going on the kits this year for me. Love the white away kit here but would also look great if you substituted that white for black (and we haven't had a black away kit for a couple of years now). Also big fan of the yellow + blue combo.