New Kit 2014-2015

lmarsha_926

So how is the new macron kit now?  The first one they did for us was so bad, it put me off ever buying one again...but I still got another for my other son as the kit launch days are a good day out normally.  

We've got another member now and the misses wants me to get both the boys one.  I have even looked at  the new kit and quite fancied one for myself, but not if it's still of the appalling quality the first ones were.  I've read some of the comments and it seems people are okay with the quality of this latest one?  How about washing, did the men start peeling off the shoulders after the first wash for anyone on either of the proper kits?

• 3 months later...

Just as a follow up, after wearing the away shirt I got around for a day, I love it even more. The material is comfortable, the fit is perfect, slim without being too tight. They even made Dafabet look classy on the front. Originally I thought a tonal crest might have looked better but I now prefer that it has the full colour logo on it.

I'd go as far as saying it's the best shirt we've had, home or away, in the modern football shirt era.

And it was made by Macron!

I'd still love a move to Umbro, but if Macron keep producing kits like this, they can manufacture our kits forever.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't know what thread to put this in (interesting stats in Other Football or trivia in Off Topic were other possibilities) but Sports Direct have released data on where they sell their shirts. 

8Dek9lj.jpg

Dublin wins?   Sports Direct sell more Villa shirts there than in Birmingham?  I guess it stands to reason on some levels as there are plenty of other vendors in Birmingham which sell Villa shirts and there probably aren't as many in Dublin (or London, who's population will obviously carry it a long way) but it's interesting to see that we are popular outside of the West Mids. :) 

• Like 4

have they done it as cities and then shown which kit sells the most?

would be very interesting to see where villa are compared to utd, liverpool and even barca and madrid in birmingham shirt sales

edit: no they havent http://www.sportsdirect.com/News/entryid/6883/Shirt-Sales-2014-15-Where-Are-Your-Teams-Supporters-Really-From

that would be more interesting from a villa perspective IMO doesnt look like brum made the top list for liverpool or utd but did for city, arsenal and spurs

Edited by villa4europe

It's only one vendor reporting their sales of course so the figures would be skewed by their presence in the city.  It's only the London based clubs which saw their home town "win" which is probably just to do with the massive population of the capital and the amount of people from the home counties it attracts for shopping trips too. 

f52968.jpeg

Has anyone else seen this camouflage kit? Personally, i love it!

It's as if Napoli just gave them permission to be as creative as they like.

That kit and the denim look kit are abonimations if you ask me! Loads of Napoli fans hate them!

I can't wait until the Macron deal is done. I hear so many people saying they have no problem with the quality but any time I buy a shirt after two washes the little men start to peel off, and yes I wash at 40 with no fabric softener either.

I can't wait until the Macron deal is done. I hear so many people saying they have no problem with the quality but any time I buy a shirt after two washes the little men start to peel off, and yes I wash at 40 with no fabric softener either.

Wash at 30 then.  ;)