New Kit 2014-2015

lmarsha_926

No sports brands are "fashionable".

FWIW I think in terms of kit quality, Nike were the best we've had for a long long time, including the design.

But the fact that we were clearly such a low priority was annoying, and enough to justify going with someone like Macron.

Macron are hit and miss. Some kits are lovely, some are horrible. But I like both this season.

• Like 2

I find it increasingly annoying that we seem one of the only teams to change our shorts and/or socks at away games to prevent a clash.

Take Saturday for example, yes we change out shorts as Stoke also have white, but why we're wearing white & claret socks. What's wrong with our sky blue socks? Our kit looked awful on Saturday and very un-Villa for me.

The game before was Man United v Swansea where both teams wear white shorts. WBA v Sunderland both teams wearing dark shorts that clash.

Who at our place makes these decisons? Particularly claret shorts. Why can't we have sky blue ones which personally I think looks a lot better.

I know there's more important things to worry about but I find it annoying!

I think it's referee's guidelines and the Kitman just playing it safe and not then being ordered by the ref to wear Stoke's away kit etc. It's an interesting point as I'm sure Stoke wore their home kit against us at VP.

• 4 weeks later...

Got the away shirt yesterday as a birthday gift.

Fair play to Macron, it is a beauty. I can honestly say as someone who wears all Nike football kit, that the quality of the Macron shirt is on a par.

We have had some good away kits over the years, and it might just be because it's modeled on the '82 EC winning shirt, but I think it's the best one we've ever had. I even found that the Macron logo's on the shoulders actually improved it!

This is all IMO of course.....

I got a blue training top and first wash all the black 'rubbery' bits on the sleeves came off. Utter shite

I'd imagine that's the way you washed it.

Turn the temp down.

If you look at the top Lambert was wearing in the press conference last week, the same had happened to his