New Kit 2014-2015

lmarsha_926

I've actually really liked the Macron kits so far. I think there'd be a lot less hostility towards them if they were a bigger name.

Obviously though I'm in favour of whatever gets the club the most money...

I like the fact that we get our own individual design rather than some template.  Also Macron always seem to make an effort to get a bit of tradition in the home kit. Then again if LA Gear offered us millions and millions for a kit deal, I wouldn't care if our kit lit up every time a player touched the ball.

• Like 2

I like the fact that we get our own individual design rather than some template.  Also Macron always seem to make an effort to get a bit of tradition in the home kit. Then again if LA Gear offered us millions and millions for a kit deal, I wouldn't care if our kit lit up every time a player touched the ball.

That explains the change of system before Christmas.

• Like 2

We actually had that under Lambert.

The kit glowed with a sort of throbbing strobey light effect every time there were three consecutive successful forward passes.

I only discovered it by accident, jogging up the back garden tapping a tennis ball ahead of me.

i hope we get umbro when the macron deal expires.

We still have next season with Macron, then of course there would be a chance of the deal being extended.

My main problem with Macron is the quality after a few washes (washed at 40 without fabric oftener).

Ah, it's that time again where we discuss what temperature to wash the Macron kits at :P 

I just don't like Macron kits, they look cheap. I can't wait for us to change kit supplier. I can only hope that we don't extend our deal, but obviously I'd understand if that's the deal gets the most money as that is more important. I'd still be a bit disappointed though.

i hope we get umbro when the macron deal expires.

We still have next season with Macron, then of course there would be a chance of the deal being extended.

My main problem with Macron is the quality after a few washes (washed at 40 without fabric oftener).

I soften use fabric oftener.

no more white or yellow away kits please

cadburys purple would be nice

Glossing over the wrongness of this opinion...

Purple is too close to claret for it to be an away kit, imo. I'm really surprised we got awa with that purple and white quarters effort last season.

Both of this year's kits are gorgeous. I would not want to be one of the hordes of teams with last year's Adidas templates (Sunderland's away kit for example is literally exactly like Chelsea's home from last year, just a different shade of blue), or end up with the monstrosity that is West Brom's current home shirt. They just don't care enough to make us unique kits like Macron does, and they don't even pay us as much. That said, I would love to see Umbro do one of our kits, their kits are usually excellent.

I do like the design of the Macron kits, but they do feel really cheap. The material is extremely thin and almost has a plastic like finish on it. The sponsor and badge also feels like it was ironed on with a DIY kit my grandma bought.

Not to mention they insist on making them skin tonight, I had to jump up from a Medium to an XL to fit comfortably into one, also they are awful in 30c+ weather, make you sweat like a pig. Don't even get me started on the turtle-neck-like collar!

Other than that, they are sound :)

For the record, I think the 07/08 Nike kits are the most comfortable

Edited by Chewie