New Kit 2014-2015

lmarsha_926

Saw this on Facebook, made me :)

10351233_668273879888168_329637571945990

Except on the one Sid is wearing its black sponsor and brand printing which makes all the difference and the red on our new away completely ruins it imo. Shame because aside from that its great.

I disagree, the dafabet sponsor being a claret-y colour looks really smart to me. The sponsor being black would probably ruin this shirt. Too many colours can really spoil a kit. Remember the black away Fx Pro shirt? Black body, claret and blue chequers and a red sponsor. Yuk.

and the issue with the sponsor colour is

920x1090_fitbox-aston-villa-retro-1982-d

• Like 4

Agree. I don't see how introducing a black sponsor when there's no other black on the kit would improve it at all.

Having it claret works much better, imo.

• Like 4

Cowans looks a bit like Albrighton in that pic. Shame about that black sponsor though, completely ruins that shirt.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

The names and numbers are black which would balance out a black sponsor, but claret was still the right choice

That's a fair point, black woul dmake a bit more sense in that case.

Although I'd say it would be even better if the letters and numbers were claret too (I know that's not possible)

The names and numbers are black which would balance out a black sponsor, but claret was still the right choice

That's a fair point, black woul dmake a bit more sense in that case.

Although I'd say it would be even better if the letters and numbers were claret too (I know that's not possible)

It may not be possible but that shouldn't stop you from expecting it to happen, that you clearly have accepted this is the clearest indication yet that you have lowered your expectations.

Shame on you, shame I say.

• Like 2

I absolutely love the away kit the way it is, but imagine if the crest on the front was like this but claret instead of black:

tumblr_static_aston_villa_fc.jpg

That would be lovely  :wub:

Sigh, I've given up on the idiots at Villa always neglecting to use a monochromatic badge, or at least changing it to reflect the colours of the kit that it adorns.

It's fine for this season's away, though it looks shit on the green goalie top.