New Kit 2014-2015

lmarsha_926

I absolutely love the away kit the way it is, but imagine if the crest on the front was like this but claret instead of black:

tumblr_static_aston_villa_fc.jpg

That would be lovely  :wub:

Sigh, I've given up on the idiots at Villa always neglecting to use a monochromatic badge, or at least changing it to reflect the colours of the kit that it adorns.

It's fine for this season's away, though it looks shit on the green goalie top.

Villaaway.jpg

• Like 1

Perhaps a bit too big and I think the badge, macron and sponsor would look better in black like some of the other guys in here, but it's still nice.

The normal badge looks fine on the away though, it matches. It's when we have it on the goalkeeper tops or the lime away shirt from a couple of seasons ago that it looks shit.

My home shirt arrived on Thursday, great fit and I think its the best home shirt so far from Macron. I was going to take a picture of it and post it on here, I couldn't find a pallet anywhere though! :)  

Edited by RandyVillian
  • Like 1

Saw the home today and not overly impressed.

Just realised it looks very similar to West Ham's home shirt from a couple of years ago. Take the pin stripes off and it's a carbon copy pretty much.

It's all about the away for me

Just realised it looks very similar to West Ham's home shirt from a couple of years ago. Take the pin stripes off and it's a carbon copy pretty much.

That logic doesn't make sense. We both play in claret and blue so there will be similarities but it does have pin strips so it is different. To me you could say if the away shirt had wider black stripes it would be like Newcastle but it doesn't, so it isn't.

I like all the pictures of young kids happy and proud to be wearing their new Villa shirt on the officical site. That's the attitude to have..

• Like 2

Like both home and away, not perfect but about as good as we could have hoped considering last years effort, well done macron... Looking at the official site the shirts with acorns on look so much better than the adult dafabet shirts, it's be good if they didn't hav the silly logo on and just the dafabet words, it would look a whole lot better.

That logic doesn't make sense. We both play in claret and blue so there will be similarities but it does have pin strips so it is different. To me you could say if the away shirt had wider black stripes it would be like Newcastle but it doesn't, so it isn't.

I like all the pictures of young kids happy and proud to be wearing their new Villa shirt on the officical site. That's the attitude to have..

All I'm saying is that Macron have basically recycled a 2 year old kit and tweaked it slightly.

People have criticised that when we had Nike we didn't have bespoke designs. Macron have done the same this season.

Personally I think the home kit looks cheap. Not a fan of the silver tags on the front and the material looks like the Asics kits of old.

I have had all the other Macron kits to date so I'm not a Macron hater. Just not a fan of the home kit

• Like 1

All I'm saying is that Macron have basically recycled a 2 year old kit and tweaked it slightly.

People have criticised that when we had Nike we didn't have bespoke designs. Macron have done the same this season.

Personally I think the home kit looks cheap. Not a fan of the silver tags on the front and the material looks like the Asics kits of old.

I have had all the other Macron kits to date so I'm not a Macron hater. Just not a fan of the home kit

Similar style collar, but hardly a recycled template.

There can only be so many differences between two claret and blue kits. If you're not a fan of the home kit then fair enough, but I don't think the West Ham kit from 2 years ago is a stick you can beat them with personally.

Kitcomparison.jpg

I've never really got the fuss over kits. some people get very worked up about them. I think once again they look OK. Not the best kits we've ever had but they look smart and I'll probably pick up the away one.

• 1 month later...

I've never really got the fuss over kits. some people get very worked up about them. I think once again they look OK. Not the best kits we've ever had but they look smart and I'll probably pick up the away one.

Some get worked up over everything it seems. I guess it matters more if you're planning on it being a fixture of your wardrobe or not.

While they are nice kits and I've come close to buying them I've never felt they are awesome enough to deffo purchase. I may skip this year and get next years.

To keep it on a positive, they are both very nice, thank you macron! :):thumb: