Manchester United

BOF

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

The thing is if they had a competent CEO they could win an FA Cup whilst making £300m profit 

I wondered if they’d already got someone doing the business instead of Woodward.

Sancho at around £73m and Verane £50m ish seem surprisingly good value for United.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

I wondered if they’d already got someone doing the business instead of Woodward.

Sancho at around £73m and Verane £50m ish seem surprisingly good value for United.

Woodward stepped down from any football operational roles when the ESL went tits.

They replaced him with Darren Fletcher and some other bloke. The other guy obviously knows what he's doing, as I believe negotiating transfers is his remit.

• Like 1

Ex Manure player Marcos Rojo acting like a priced plum after his new club Boca Juniors lost to Atletico Minerio in the Copa Libertadores. Apparently there were quite a few shady VAR calls and attacks from the Brazilian home fans during the game and all in all a small war out there.

• Shocked 1

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Close to signing Varane according to Romano.

Annoying bastards. Actually done some serious business this summer

Yep but they gave Ole a new contract. Like England and Southgate the players can only get you so far before the manager messes things up.

For the players they've signed they're still weak in midfield imho. Pogba, McTominay, and Fred are worse options than City, Chelsea, and Liverpool have. I'd argue Leicester's first choice mids are better.

Refs and the FA will get them into the top 4 again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

I don't like this post Woodward era of United signing world class players for sensible fees.

Decent first team on paper. 

AWB. Varane maguire Shaw 

Mctominay Pogba 

Bruno 

Sancho.  Cav /Greenwood Rashford.

Sell Pogba for a proper midfielder who actually turns up most games and they can't be far away. 

Obviously a major limiting factor will be OGS. 

1 minute ago, pas5898 said:

AWB. Varane maguire Shaw 

Mctominay Pogba 

Bruno 

Sell Pogba for a proper midfielder who actually turns up most games and they can't be far away. 

I think if Liverpool starts the season the way they ended the season it will be the usual Liverpool, Man City fighting it out for the title.

Chelsea and Man Utd should finish top 4 easy though.

Edited by villalad21

36 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

AWB. Varane maguire Shaw 

Mctominay Pogba 

Bruno 

cant believe out of that midfield 2 it was pogba that you singled out as being the problem...

put a good CM next to pogba freeing him up to play his actual game like france do and they cant be far away

put mctominay, fred or matic next to him and people wonder why he struggles - i dont think any of those 3 would be the answer in our midfield let alone utds 

38 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I think if Liverpool starts the season the way they ended the season it will be the usual Liverpool, Man City fighting it out for the title.

Chelsea and Man Utd should finish top 4 easy though.

if chelsea start the season the way they ended it they'll win it

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

cant believe out of that midfield 2 it was pogba that you singled out as being the problem...

put a good CM next to pogba freeing him up to play his actual game like france do and they cant be far away

put mctominay, fred or matic next to him and people wonder why he struggles - i dont think any of those 3 would be the answer in our midfield let alone utds 

Pogba just doesn't show up enough for me, regardless of whose around him. He should be carrying that midfield and driving them forward. He goes missing for me.

Add to that the yearly merry go round the agent puts on the club each season. 

They can get 50million and 300k a week off the books. That should bring in a more consistent performer. 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Pogba is definitely a problem in a 2 unless Kante doing his cleaning

• Like 1

Â