Manchester United

BOF

18 hours ago, Mantis said:

The media wankfest when United do inevitably win the league again is going to be insufferable.

Hope its another 22 years for them like Liverpool.

By then we will all be knee deep in melted polar ice caps so it will be all be irrelevant. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Keyblade said:

They almost have to do it for their fans. They were melting down on Twitter over the few who didn't take off the medal.

I can see both points of view.

but and its a big but......those players landed them with the losers medals, no one elses fault.

That club need to learn what coming second is like when you don't deserve first.....They are miffed at looking across the city and the success that Man City enjoy, but unlike Utd, City deserve it.

They need to learn to be good losers, when they don't deserve to win.....They are an embarassment with that petulance IMO.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

More like waiting and hoping Man city / Chelsea or Liverpool all have a shocker and it's theirs.

They are nowhere like the machine they used to be.  It's easy to forget but they were unplayable at certain points under Fergie.

A few bad signings and a bit of bad luck a outside the top four could happen more than them winning the league these days.

I thought it was an absolute banker, they would struggle after Fergie......He instilled a winning mentality in to his teams, that is very hard to emulate.

Arsenal under Wenger had very talented sides, particularly in his earlier days with them......but he couldn't instil that Fergie winning mentality.

Man U performances since him, do not surprise me one iota.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Only reason they were in an European cup final is because they got eliminated in the group stages in the better European competition. 

Imo those rules are disgraceful. If you fail in one European competition you shouldn't get a another ticket in another one.

You are eliminated you should be gone. 

But the sneaky 6 , want their cake and eat it.

23 hours ago, Genie said:

I think they stuck with Jose and Ole after finishing 6th, but in general terms, a club the size of United has to be in the Champions League for many reasons (all financial).

Who gives a flying flamingo what their financial commitments are.....Who gave a toss, when we was flirting with extinction?....if they have geared themselves up to be so reliant on success, thats their look out.

This is not a charity, you get what you deserve, and they deserve nothing.

They have had years and years of hoovering up every clubs best players, particularly, when gates meant everything and their advantage was huge.....Now we rely on TV money and wealthy Billionaires....The platform has levelled.

clubs in the top league are under less pressure to sell, and young stars see an clearer pathway to senior football than with Man U, where the competition can be immense.

They have found it more than difficult to emulate the character of SAF and thus replicate the success....it takes years of recruiting the right characters and indoctrinating that winning mentality, its contagious, but takes time to grip a club.

I am tired of listening to the size of the club and its grieving of the halcyon days, they have to earn it......and the rest of us are not going to send our best players to them, with a benevolent reluctance, like we did with Dwight Yorke and Ashley Young.....them days have gone.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently Man Utd won’t face any sort of punishment for their fans getting the Liverpool game cancelled as a result of their idiotic behaviour.

Excellent example to set here. Maybe we should do the same next season if Grealish is injured or suspended for an important match.

Farcical decision.

Edited by jacketspuds
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'd be surprised if Madrid let Varane go after already having lost ramos and that being a position where they don't have youngsters coming through 

I presume they are still in massive debt and need money

Edited by villalad21

Maguire and Varane is a damn good paring and Sancho will join one of the most entertaining forward lines in Europe.

Yes, it comes back to OGS - no PL trophy this year and he is gone.

Done a good solid job turning it, shifting the garbage and building a entertaining side - but this is it now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Maguire and Varane is a damn good paring and Sancho will join one of the most entertaining forward lines in Europe.

Done a good solid job turning it, shifting the garbage and building a entertaining side - but this is it now.

hard to disagree

if they keep cavani fit the front line is there, the keeper is there, the defence is there...plays mctominay in the middle every week...he'll have no excuses, shit or bust for them

8 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Yeah i still don't think he is good enough to win them a title.

But if they sign these 2 players there zero excuses for no trophies.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'd be surprised if Madrid let Varane go after already having lost ramos and that being a position where they don't have youngsters coming through 

Just signed Alaba and Militao is 23 plus Nacho. Varane is in the last year of his contract, he could be playing United like Ramos did

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

hard to disagree

if they keep cavani fit the front line is there, the keeper is there, the defence is there...plays mctominay in the middle every week...he'll have no excuses, shit or bust for them

Really?  I don't think their goalkeeper, defence or central midfield is that great to be honest.  Varane improves it for sure, but there's a nice soft underbelly to Man Utd.  The thing Solskjaer did well was make them more defensively solid than they should've been.

Â