Manchester United

BOF

51 minutes ago, villakram said:

Looking like it, but let's see how they last with De Bruyne out and CL starting back up. I'd still favor pool to be their biggest rivals come the end of the season though. Utd. just too inconsistent right now.

Leicester are a better side than United

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Leicester are a better side than United

Maybe, they are a really good match for each other. That 1/2 season collapse is still too near in time for me to trust them. Leicester are also going to run into Vardy slowing down at some point too

BT commentator says Rashford surpassed Cantona’s goals at utd and goes on to say Rashford would have been a big fan of him growing up, Cantona retired in 97 , Rashford wasn’t even born when he retired!

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

BT commentator says Rashford surpassed Cantona’s goals at utd and goes on to say Rashford would have been a big fan of him growing up, Cantona retired in 97 , Rashford wasn’t even born when he retired!

The child that I may have in the future will be a big fan of Jack. Factarama.

Martial diving when 6-0 is absolute disgrace and embarasment.

Mike Dean even after checking the footage gives red+ penalty...

He saw what i saw and everyone else saw that Martial before contact locked legs and started the fall with left leg when contact comes later on the right leg.

These decisions are insane like what the hell is hapening.

18 minutes ago, Tumblerseven said:

Martial diving when 6-0 is absolute disgrace and embarasment.

Mike Dean even after checking the footage gives red+ penalty...

He saw what i saw and everyone else saw that Martial before contact locked legs and started the fall with left leg when contact comes later on the right leg.

These decisions are insane like what the hell is hapening.

If he hadn’t given it he’d have OGS in all the papers saying he made an error, it’s just a cop out. 

13 hours ago, Genie said:

If he hadn’t given it he’d have OGS in all the papers saying he made an error, it’s just a cop out. 

An interesting story from, er, just yesterday:

Solskjaer urges ‘nice lads’ to be nastier at Man Utd

'Ole Gunnar Solskjaer believes his players may need to be more streetwise after claiming the match delegate for last week’s defeat to Sheffield United admitted Manchester United were on the wrong end of two key decisions.

The Red Devils are second in the Premier League heading into Tuesday’s clash with injury-hit Southampton after Saturday’s goalless draw at Arsenal followed the shock loss to the rock-bottom Blades.

The 2-1 defeat ended United’s 13-match unbeaten league run, leaving Solskjaer frustrated by his players’ undercooked display and the decisions to allow Kean Bryan’s opener and then disallow Anthony Martial’s leveller.

[...]

Solskjaer says he has “no problem with human error” and understands “why the decisions were made” but believes his players may need to exert more pressure.

“Unfortunately they went against us and they were wrong,” the 1999 treble hero said. “That’s football for you but that’s maybe what VAR should have been in for.

“Maybe we should have made more of a fuss about it. We’re a bunch of nice lads.

“Maybe we should have really hung onto that or made them look at it before the game started again, so those are things that we have to learn from and use as energy and motivation.

“You’re not going to expect to get anything for free, that’s for sure.

“There has been a narrative for too long about decisions we’ve got for us and I can look at many, many decisions this season that we feel (were against us).'

and on and on: https://www.football365.com/news/solskjaer-nice-lads-nastier-man-utd

This is the same United who about 3 weeks ago Pogba told Shaw to dive next time he got into the box, then lead by example diving to win a penalty a little later in the same game.

The thing is, I’m sure OGS doesn’t believe it. It’s all mind games with the refs. Ole is just stoking it up putting pressure on them. It ensures that with any 50/50’s or even 49/51 it’ll fall their way. The refs know if Ole criticises a decision it becomes big news. If they genuinely have made an error then it’ll get blown right up and they’ll end up explaining themselves or being demoted.

Easiest way to avoid that is give everything contentious to them which is the intention of the comments in the media.

• Like 3

Another example of the mind games, from yesterday. 

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has voiced his opinion on the David Luiz red card debate saying "the law needs to be looked at" after Manchester United's 9-0 win over Southampton.

Arsenal were in action early on Tuesday night and lost 2-1 to Wolves.

Both David Luiz and Bernd Leno were sent off for the Gunners, who actually took the lead through Nicolas Pepe in the first half before their night unravelled.

Luiz was shown a straight red for a professional foul in the Arsenal area, although replays suggested he made minimal contact with Wolves striker Willian Jose. 

And Solskjaer, who admits to having a discussion with the referees before Man United's clash with the Saints at Old Trafford, says he doesn't believe the Brazilian centre-back should have been given his marching orders.

Funnily enough, I had a discussion with the referees before the game," Solskjaer said.

I asked them what they thought about the David Luiz sending off because I don't think he should have been sent off either, and Bednarek definitely shouldn't have been sent off.

The law needs to be looked at. But the letter of the law is if you foul someone, deny a goalscoring opportunity and you don't attempt the ball, you're going to be shown a red card.

"There was contact there but it shouldn't have been a sending off. I think everyone in football agrees on this."

I thought discussing the referees performance post match was not allowed? Here Ole open says he thinks the referee got the decision wrong as well as having a chat with them pre-game about the Arsenal match. 

Mirror

Well you have to give OGS some credit. People were on him early that he was out of his depth, and even when I argued he had a total rebuild to adress it wasn't really taken into account.

I absolutely despise that club and while they should do better with the money they throw around, they are now reaping the rewards of sticking with him for continuety. 

In some regards there are a lot of similarities with him and Deano.

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

To be fair.

Southampton had about 9 first team players unavailable for selection and they had a man sent off within the first 5 minutes.

Some perspective. This was a one off and i still can't see them finishing in the top 2.

put 6 past your boy Bielsa

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, penguin said:

Ole moaning about consistency of decisions.

**** off you Gollum-looking ****. If they did a review and retrospective points adjustment of incorrect decisions they’d be mid table. 

They will get a big win next game like last time he whined repeatedly about decisions to the media

Â