Manchester United

BOF

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

Hopefully thereโ€™s some audio too which might confirm heโ€™s telling him to go down.ย 

That would be nice for us in that it would help prove a point, but I can't see any retrospective action being taken.

I'd definitely be interested in hearing what he said if he did say something though.

• Like 1

Why have they getting pens nearly every game. Something is amiss. Liverpool dont get anywhere near as many pens or Man City.ย  Yesterday's was so border-line Oliver should have at least been asked to look at it. He was asked to with the Brighton one.ย 

• Like 1

Utd fans will tell you it's because of their directness and running in the box which yeah I can see but the stat is still mad, we have the player who does the most running with the ball in the league and I think the most touches in the opposition box in the league yet he's won one penalty maybe two?ย 

Some of them given are incredibly soft. Wasn't Dan James booked 2-3 times early on last season for diving in the box. OGS is clearly telling them to go down at slightest brush in box as more often than not the ref will buy it. For all the goodwill Rashford is deservedly getting off the pitch he goes down like he's been shot on occasions from minimal contact, look at how he won the pen v Newcastle a few weeks back.

Interesting though to see what out penalty ratio was like in the MON years as we always seemed to get 8-9 a season with Barry and Milner scoring most of them. Can remember us getting two in the first half of a europa game so yes incredibly rapid players in final third will always be an advantage, Leicester get a huge amount aswell with Vardy around.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Some of them given are incredibly soft. Wasn't Dan James booked 2-3 times early on last season for diving in the box. OGS is clearly telling them to go down at slightest brush in box as more often than not the ref will buy it. For all the goodwill Rashford is deservedly getting off the pitch he goes down like he's been shot on occasions from minimal contact, look at how he won the pen v Newcastle a few weeks back.

Interesting though to see what out penalty ratio was like in the MON years as we always seemed to get 8-9 a season with Barry and Milner scoring most of them. Can remember us getting two in the first half of a europa game so yes incredibly rapid players in final third will always be an advantage, Leicester get a huge amount aswell with Vardy around.

For all the shit Jack gets about diving, he's won what, 1 penalty this season?

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Leicester did it no problem and if ever a season is going to throw up a league win like that it's this one.

I wouldn't say Liverpool are great game controllers either. Midfielders main task is to quickly win the ball and feed it through quickly to the front 3.

I'd say the top teams are more about quick transitions and counter attacks than ever, Man. City are the only team that can control the tempo pretty well, their squad is just a bit flat currently in motivation.

Can someone who knows where to get all these stats from compare Citeh in their title winning seasons with all those direct runners trouncing the league?ย 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Can someone who knows where to get all these stats from compare Citeh in their title winning seasons with all those direct runners trouncing the league?ย 

Or just do Liverpool last season as VAR was there. It's not like United's front line is any more pacy or direct than Liverpool's.ย 

Just now, Keyblade said:

Or just do Liverpool last season as VAR was there. It's not like United's front line is any more pacy or direct than Liverpool's.ย 

And the answer is 5. Compared to United's 14. Almost triple!

• Thanks 1

You could argue that we got help from the refs/var in them not sending Mings off after elbowing Pogba.

Sure bigger clubs get the rub of the green slightly more often.ย 

Conspiracy, doubtful, that's more to do with our own confirmation bias and us being sore after loosing.ย 

6 hours ago, Skruff said:

You could argue that we got help from the refs/var in them not sending Mings off after elbowing Pogba.

Sure bigger clubs get the rub of the green slightly more often.ย 

Conspiracy, doubtful, that's more to do with our own confirmation bias and us being sore after loosing.ย 

This is right, people forget the things that go their way. There was a perfectly good goal against last seasonย byย Palace I that would have put them 1-0 up.ย Link

207-C7-CA7-6-A14-46-E7-85-CB-F8-E39370-F

If Aston Villa manage to stay up this season, theyโ€™ll certainly have VAR to thank.

They got away with it in their first match of the restart whenย Sheffield United were denied a perfectly legal goalย as the referees upstairs opted not to check it.

And they had more luck again with their opponents on Sunday, Crystal Palace, having an early goal disallowed.

20 minutes ago, Genie said:

This is right, people forget the things that go their way. There was a perfectly good goal against last seasonย byย Palace I that would have put them 1-0 up.ย Link

Yeah but the Lansbury goal at Selhurst equals that one out ๐Ÿ˜œ

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Yeah but the Lansbury goal at Selhurst equals that one out ๐Ÿ˜œ

I agree, win some and lose some. Football fans will conveniently forget about the ones that went for their side ๐Ÿ™‚ย 

• Like 4

The Uruguay's player's union and FA have both called for Cavani's ban to be overturned.

The letter, signed by professional and amateur players from the South American country, described the FA's sanctioning of Cavani as an act "against the culture and way of life of the Uruguayan people".

"The sanction shows the English Football Association's biased, dogmatic and ethnocentric vision that only allows a subjective interpretation to be made from its particular and excluding conclusion, however flawed it may be.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55534759

• Like 1

On 03/01/2021 at 05:01, Genie said:

There's a compilation of all the VAR decisions for and against teams and we actually were supposed to get 2 more points on aggregate without VAR. Some teams like Brighton were -5 net and fell below us. Bottom 3 and title were unchanged.

ย 

• Thanks 1

ร—
ร—
ร‚