Manchester United

BOF

44 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I think that is only partly true.

Yes the structure at the club doesn’t help but with the money spent each manager they’ve appointed since Fergie has under performed.

Thats true but i think some of the signings were boardroom signings and not managerial. Mourinho i dont think wanted Pogba or Sanchez who were flops.

I think Woodward transfer skills also mean they are paying over the top for players they could have got cheaper not just Maguire. I think I read Fernndes had a transfer clause 20 million cheaper the previous summer than United paid for him but they tried be cheap

Just seen Sky promoting Pochettino being on as pundit for tomorrow night's game, just before Solskjaer's interview.  Possibly coincidence but it wouldn't surprise me if it's the start of the the media getting the ball rolling on the Poch to Utd bandwagon.

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Why has Bielsa never got a team like United? 

Can you imagine pogba and Bielsa, 😂😂😂

He doesn't work at utd, they don't put up with him, give some bang average at best players, he tells them to run through some walls for him and they'll go places together and they all buy in to it and he does make them better

Give him a squad of multimillionaire international players who've already won their fair share of stuff and they don't buy in to it, pogba for example has cups, league titles, a world cup, he's not going to accept someone with no trophies telling him to work 3x harder 

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Can you imagine pogba and Bielsa, 😂😂😂

He doesn't work at utd, they don't put up with him, give some bang average at best players, he tells them to run through some walls for him and they'll go places together and they all buy in to it and he does make them better

Give him a squad of multimillionaire international players who've already won their fair share of stuff and they don't buy in to it, pogba for example has cups, league titles, a world cup, he's not going to accept someone with no trophies telling him to work 3x harder 

And Bielsa has won shit though original poster thinks he is a genius. Had best international squad possible and flopped multiple times 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Mctominay and Fred in midfield with van der beek on the bench is utter madness 

Can't have all those attacking players on the pitch at the same time. This isn't Fifa.

I understand very little of that De Beek signing when they already have the likes of Bruno Fernandes and Paul Pogba.

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Can't have all those attacking players on the pitch at the same time. This isn't Fifa.

I understand very little of that De Beek signing when they already have the likes of Bruno Fernandes and Paul Pogba.

Disagree

The purpose of VDB would be possession football, keep it ticking over, he fits in a midfield 3 with pogba and Fernandes, you don't need a holding midfielder especially if your options are Fred, mctominay and matic 

It would be 2 number 6s and a number 8, or 2 number 8s and a number 6, it can work with a good manager 

Edited by villa4europe

20 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

We never get to play these when they're in these type of runs.

Sure they'll be bang in form by the time our meeting comes around.

Traditionally we are the team that other team and players end their slumps against. Or at least that's how it feels.

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

We never get to play these when they're in these type of runs.

Sure they'll be bang in form by the time our meeting comes around.

We had a chance last season but could only squeak out a 2-2 draw. They were as bad as they are now. They'll probably get their shit together by the time they play us this time though.

Â