Manchester United

BOF

Bad result but they are top and PSG are third in the group so there has to be some perspective. Overall he hasn't done badly. To top a tough group like this after half the games is no mean achievement and to even qualify for the competition from where they were before the first lockdown took some doing. However they haven't made a good start to the 20/21 Premier League season and the players clearly aren't putting a shift in for him in a lot of games. 

9 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Bad result but they are top and PSG are third in the group so there has to be some perspective. Overall he hasn't done badly. To top a tough group like this after half the games is no mean achievement and to even qualify for the competition from where they were before the first lockdown took some doing. However they haven't made a good start to the 20/21 Premier League season and the players clearly aren't putting a shift in for him in a lot of games. 

They are Manchester United not some plucky upstarts in the 1st European adventure

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

They are Manchester United not some plucky upstarts in the 1st European adventure

They had many years in the wilderness before Alex Ferguson came along. Not forgetting he was one game away from getting the sack himself. Its transition now and to keep changing managers every season is going to get them nowhere

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

They had many years in the wilderness before Alex Ferguson came along. Not forgetting he was one game away from getting the sack himself. Its transition now and to keep changing managers every season is going to get them nowhere

They have spent a billion since Ferguson left, it might be transition but you cant keep a manager if he is shit or because he is top of a group after 3 games

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

They have spent a billion since Ferguson left, it might be transition but you cant keep a manager if he is shit or because he is top of a group after 3 games

I know but they have had  some big name managers and they have gone. They need to get rid of some these big name players like Pogba who I think is toxic for the club. Their purchases has been awful and thats not down to the manager. Maybe hes got to go but good luck to the next man because to get them back to where they were under Ferguson is impossible. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PaulC said:

A transition into what, a mid table team? This notion OGS is carrying out some sort of transformation is laughable.

6 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

A transition into what, a mid table team? This notion OGS is carrying out some sort of transformation is laughable.

it helps his mates are working in the media, not too dissimilar to Bruce and a few others. Mourinho and LVG were quickly thrown under the bus by the "experts" and i expect Pochettino would be quickly turned on 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

6 points off 4th with a game in hand. Its far to early to call them a mid table team. I agree his time is running out though. 

Sad to see some fans finally turn. Can't believe he's lasted over 100 games. Insanity.

The owners think they're bulletproof. Made Champions League last year because Leicester and Chelsea blew up to a remarkable degree. That no way will two others slip and let them in behind City and Liverpool this season.

Some great work v PSG and Leipzig undone tonight. 

Tremendous arrogance from Solskjaer to think he could start Mata et al and think he can win.

Really hope they beat Everton so this silliness can carry on.

Not only are they getting no results, they look absolute garbage. Many of their underlying data numbers are also garbage. On xG they are 16th :crylaugh:

8 hours ago, PaulC said:

6 points off 4th with a game in hand. Its far to early to call them a mid table team. I agree his time is running out though. 

You miss my point, I don’t think they will finish mid table, the point was that there is no transition. It’s just a line peddled by his pals and ex team mates in the press who don’t want to call their mate out.

18 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

The only thing worse than stats are fictional stats, they aren’t even worth commenting on.

Stats are only really important for evidencing a view that is already held, they are often very easy to manipulate as required for the desired result.

I don’t really get your point re 6th, United aren’t a club aiming for 6th and in any case are currently miles off 6th. He is a poor manager in my view.

The point re 6th is that, statistically over the last 100 games you can make an argument that Man United are heading for a top 6 finish.

I didn't say they are aiming for 6th (top 6 is also 2nd or 3rd) but that statistically their results indicate they will win majority of their games which will result in a top 6 finish.

Therefore, statistics aren't to be discarded, it's how you use them and what you use them for.

Just because I have 2 legs and my dog has 4 doesn't mean that we both have an average of 3 legs.

Can you believe that Man United defended like this in the Champions league? Leaving a striker they knew was pacey completely alone if a long ball was sent up field.

My lads under 11 side would be crucified for this.

724-AA055-8-F33-427-B-9-F21-5387-DD9097-

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PaulC said:

Can also be framed as them having half the points of 6th with 20% of the season gone!

Â