Manchester United

BOF

6 hours ago, Genie said:

It’s crazy how he can be a really sub-par premier league player for so long and then talk about Real Madrid. If he was at Burnley or Southampton he wouldn’t stand out as special.

Think of the shirt sales and his social media presence and likes! 

42 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

They have literally spent a billion on transfers since the glazers have come in. They have no idea what hardship is. Thry should try talking to some bury fans

100%
The game has moved in but they haven’t. Gone are they days where they can cherry pick the talents at will from clubs like Villa, Everton and Spurs. They have to be cleverer but clearly aren’t. They have dozens of scouts who are either useless or being ignored.

They need a proper person in charge of transfer who knows how to do deals on the right type of players in 2020. 
If they wanted Grealish and/or Sancho then they needed to buy them 1.5-2 years ago or be willing to pay over the odds now. They do neither. 

Edited by Genie
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

I think all their super money deals have relegation clauses cancelling them so they'd prob go bust

Plus the £65million profit they have to make per year, or the bank recalls the loan and takes control of the club.

The season which Sunderland were relegated from the Championship, many had actually tipped them to go straight back up again. They were a big club for the Championship, and they had many chances to stop the rot and avoid the drop, but they floundered and crashed all the way to League 1. 

Manchester United relegated? Highly unlikely, but I wouldn't write off that idea. This is football, so anything is possible. 

4 hours ago, Spoony said:

I’d genuinely rather have McGinn. Never saw it at all with Pogba. Does the odd good thing every 10 games. With McGinn you’d be unlucky not to see him do something great every game 

Ferguson saw through him a long time ago, was a reason he put little effort to keep him. Pogba looked brilliant for Juventus and France because he had Pirlo, Vidal, Marchisio, Kante and Matuidi carrying him 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Ferguson saw through him a long time ago, was a reason he put little effort to keep him. Pogba looked brilliant for Juventus and France because he had Pirlo, Vidal, Marchisio, Kante and Matuidi carrying him 

And because he could be bothered and wasn't constantly injured.

10 hours ago, AJ said:

The season which Sunderland were relegated from the Championship, many had actually tipped them to go straight back up again. They were a big club for the Championship, and they had many chances to stop the rot and avoid the drop, but they floundered and crashed all the way to League 1. 

Manchester United relegated? Highly unlikely, but I wouldn't write off that idea. This is football, so anything is possible. 

If it was in any danger they would heaven and earth to sign whoever they needed to in January at any price

12 hours ago, Genie said:

They need a proper person in charge of transfer who knows how to do deals on the right type of players in 2020. 

That's the best thing about Woodward, he's too good at his day job for them to sack him and he's too bad at his moonlighting as a football director for them to do anything good 

They're killing, or already killed football with all their greed and partnerships and now they're slowly killing themselves with it too

Its brilliant to watch 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

They have literally spent a billion on transfers since the glazers have come in. They have no idea what hardship is. Thry should try talking to some bury fans

I raised this point on a neutral site last week, because I thought Evra's breakdown on live TV about how hard it was to be a Man United fan was equal parts hilarious and pathetic. the United fans were outaged. They really are in a different world. 

Here's to another few years without any silverware. 

9 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

If they ever were relegated, fans would leave like rats from a sinking ship to go and support city or liverpool

They won’t be anywhere near relegation for a long time. If there was the faintest sniff of it by January they’ll pull a £100m player in.

I think the current side with Ole at wheel will still be top 8, maybe top 6.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I raised this point on a neutral site last week, because I thought Evra's breakdown on live TV about how hard it was to be a Man United fan was equal parts hilarious and pathetic. the United fans were outaged. They really are in a different world. 

Here's to another few years without any silverware. 

Was same with Liverpool last season and 30 years of heartache. These idiots know nothing about suffering

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

If it was in any danger they would heaven and earth to sign whoever they needed to in January at any price

That's true, and it is what most probably will happen, even though Ole's " We are Manchester United, and we will sign whoever we want" approach didn't work too well in the last window.

There seems to be something in common with big clubs going bad, and that is poor club management. Not just with Sunderland, but also what happened with us under Lerner. The seasons before going down, it was pretty much band aids over broken bones while we circled the drain before eventually going down. 

As I said, it is highly unlikely that they will be relegated, but it would be absolutely hairyarse if they did. 😃

Â