Manchester United

BOF

On 02/11/2020 at 06:03, villalad21 said:

The title is up for grabs. Liverpool hammered with injuries.

Frickin Spurs are 2nd and still Man Utd are nowhere close to be challenging for the title.

What a mess.

Not really.I prefer it like that.

• Like 2

im sure in some sort of twisted way woodward works in terms of traffic and social media noise of which there is plenty surrounding man utd with ole in charge, what they're definitely not doing is sliding towards obscurity, even in failure they're the most talked about team in the league, he'll spin that in to marketing gold

Roy Keane was in good form again at the weekend. I wonder if United will ever employ him? I think he’d have a heart attack at just how little they care about winning.

Turn up, run around a bit, few snaps for insta and go home. Result really isn’t important.

Modern day footballers are all a bit like that to a degree but United seem to be on another level of no shits given.

Interesting stat as OGS completes 100 games as manager. He’s managed

Wins 55 draws 21 losses 24. This is 3rd in the list of all time Man United managers (behind Jose and Ernest Mangnall).

Klopp at Liverpool, 50 wins, 29 draws, 21 losses from his first 100 games.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Interesting stat as OGS completes 100 games as manager. He’s managed

Wins 55 draws 21 losses 24. This is 3rd in the list of all time Man United managers (behind Jose and Ernest Mangnall).

Klopp at Liverpool, 50 wins, 29 draws, 21 losses from his first 100 games.

Evidence if ever it was needed why stats in football should largely be ignored.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Evidence if ever it was needed why stats in football should largely be ignored.

Well, out of those 100 games if he won the 55 in a row, he would be hailed as the greatest ever. If he lost the 24 in a row he would not be in the job.

Stats are important and can paint a picture, however if OGS loses 2 games in a row and he is branded as 'shit' then it's probably wise to look at the wider picture of what results his team achieved. 

What those stats (and my personal subjective opinion) point to is that he is a successful manager of a team that is statistically likely to finish in top 6.

Of course, the expectation has to be much higher, but that is a different discussion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

Well, out of those 100 games if he won the 55 in a row, he would be hailed as the greatest ever. If he lost the 24 in a row he would not be in the job.

Stats are important and can paint a picture, however if OGS loses 2 games in a row and he is branded as 'shit' then it's probably wise to look at the wider picture of what results his team achieved. 

What those stats (and my personal subjective opinion) point to is that he is a successful manager of a team that is statistically likely to finish in top 6.

Of course, the expectation has to be much higher, but that is a different discussion.

The only thing worse than stats are fictional stats, they aren’t even worth commenting on.

Stats are only really important for evidencing a view that is already held, they are often very easy to manipulate as required for the desired result.

I don’t really get your point re 6th, United aren’t a club aiming for 6th and in any case are currently miles off 6th. He is a poor manager in my view.

Seems like he is playing Football Manager.

Every time i watch them there seem to be a new formation and different players each time.

Axel was MOTM against PSG and since then he's been nowhere to be seen. Just so many strange decisions all around. 

Â