Manchester United

BOF

9 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

They won all that AFTER Fergie left ?!

Van Gaal won FA cup in his final season v Crystal Palace (they were abysmal in the league that year though) and then they won the league cup and Europa in Mourinho's first season. Nothing since.

Surprised how easily they won tonight and are getting through the group as I thought they'd massively struggle to finish ahead of PSG and Leipzig.

20 hours ago, Zatman said:

few FA Cups, Europa League, League Cup

They are meaningless baubles for a club like United. Its the league or champions league, or at least look like you could challenge for them.

Wenger won the FA Cup 3 times in his last 5 seasons at Arsenal and was perceived as out of touch and clueless in his final years.

40 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Wenger won the FA Cup 3 times in his last 5 seasons at Arsenal and was perceived as out of touch and clueless in his final years.

That was hilarious, absolutely everyone apart from Arsenal fans could see they were going to fall back as soon as the let him go.

I know it can get boring, and sometimes it’s fun to roll the dice, but they honestly believed he was holding them back from greatness. 

• Like 1

in fairness they did put a load of infrastructure in behind him, they got a Swedish bloke from Dortmund and several others from memory, restructured everything

I think they've all left the club now too

same as utd, the man at the very top seemingly doesn't care and it trickles down to all levels, add to that arsenal then getting rid of staff and the rot is there, it'll be inconsistent and best and nobody giving a shit at worst

both clubs are incredibly stale

1 hour ago, Genie said:

That was hilarious, absolutely everyone apart from Arsenal fans could see they were going to fall back as soon as the let him go.

I know it can get boring, and sometimes it’s fun to roll the dice, but they honestly believed he was holding them back from greatness. 

Wenger has to go blud he hasnt a clue fam

• Like 1

22 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Poch seems the obvious choice but perhaps he seems it as a poisoned chalice and would rather take over a smaller but better run club.

Doesn’t win much though. He gets teams playing good football. But spurs failed at the final hurdle under him

46 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Doesn’t win much though. He gets teams playing good football. But spurs failed at the final hurdle under him

and no one has touched him since despite a lot of the top table clubs changing manager

he looks to me like a typical woodward signing, the big name with a lot of hype and bold statements about utd being back but in reality no one else has gone for him despite having the opportunity

• Like 2

Since he left Spurs in November, Bayern, Barcelona, Juventus, Arsenal, Napoli, Milan have all changed managers with PSG, Inter, United and Dortmund considering it at one stage

Yet nobody took a punt on Poch

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Since he left Spurs in November, Bayern, Barcelona, Juventus, Arsenal, Napoli, Milan have all changed managers with PSG, Inter, United and Dortmund considering it at one stage

He needs to win something somewhere before he can earn a job at the top table in my view.

He has a long name but I don’t think he’s a big name :lol: 

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Has me wondering if there is something in his background that has scared everyone off. Unless spurs had some quasi-evil contract clause locking him down.

36 minutes ago, villakram said:

Has me wondering if there is something in his background that has scared everyone off. Unless spurs had some quasi-evil contract clause locking him down.

Probably his agent pricing him out of a job by insisting he (the agent) gets £10m

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

They had Van Gaal and Mourinho and still a mess. Its not the manager to blame for the mess

Never said it was, but for them to do well, they need a big name manager. Although getting into Football in the 90s, I’m glad to see them suffer.

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

They had Van Gaal and Mourinho and still a mess. Its not the manager to blame for the mess

I think that is only partly true.

Yes the structure at the club doesn’t help but with the money spent each manager they’ve appointed since Fergie has under performed.

Â