Manchester United

BOF

39 minutes ago, Genie said:

Sancho to Man United is shaping up to be the annoying transfer saga of the summer that nobody cares about.

Hopefully they told Grealish today they are moving on, pump him up for Thursday ;) 

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

but utd transfer sagas are shit, its like the opposite of real madrid where they use the press to bully the selling club, utd spout garbage all summer before over paying at the death

Exactly, everybody knows United have more money than sense. They also don’t want it be seen to be courting a player and be priced out so they’ll get fleeced at the last minute.

if they buy grealish and Sancho then they're mad

and if you're shopping round for an £80m footballer then Sancho is a better option, definitely in terms of fitting with utd's squad

Edited by villa4europe

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

I really think JG to United is done.

Maybe but I dont see where he fits in. Fernandes, Pogba in centre/attack midfield and Rashford, Martial and maybe Sancho now on left flank

Unless they have never seen him play and will play him right wing

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

if they buy grealish and Sancho then they're mad

and if you're shopping round for an £80m footballer then Sancho is a better option, definitely in terms of fitting with utd's squad

They won’t get Sancho for £80m, but he’s better than Grealish by a long way. Don’t get me wrong, I think an in form Jack could probably hang in the Champions League but Sancho is on a whole other level.  

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

Maybe but I dont see where he fits in. Fernandes, Pogba in centre/attack midfield and Rashford, Martial and maybe Sancho now on left flank

Unless they have never seen him play and will play him right wing

Will they sell Pogba

His finishing is fantastic, arrows it into the bottom corner every time seemingly. He's obviously going to be much better than a Macheda type and also Welbeck who came through at a similar time.

At the time I thought they'd messed up moving Lukaku on and not getting a replacement but you can see the logic now.

Yeah he’s just a very good football player at only 18 years old. Has everything about him to kick on and fulfil the massive amount of potential he has.

This United squad as a whole is very good to be fair. For all the stick Ole was given, he’s done a very good job there.

They have tied the penalty record for a season with the one today. Absolutely incredible record with being given penalties that is almost unmatched. Think i read somewhere that they have more than double the amount of pens that Liverpool have this year as well... Outrageous 

Shows what sticking with a manager who you brought in to spearhead a project can bring. If they sacked Ole when he was struggling and brought in an Antonio Conte or something, would the likes of Greenwood and co be coming through? Doubt it. They're the best team in the league now.

11 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

They have tied the penalty record for a season with the one today. Absolutely incredible record with being given penalties that is almost unmatched. Think i read somewhere that they have more than double the amount of pens that Liverpool have this year as well... Outrageous 

Referees seriously need their financials investigating.

10 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Shows what sticking with a manager who you brought in to spearhead a project can bring. If they sacked Ole when he was struggling and brought in an Antonio Conte or something, would the likes of Greenwood and co be coming through? Doubt it. They're the best team in the league now.

Dropping £65m on a midfielder in January appears to have helped quite a bit too.  

• Like 3

12 hours ago, tom_avfc said:

Yeah he’s just a very good football player at only 18 years old. Has everything about him to kick on and fulfil the massive amount of potential he has.

This United squad as a whole is very good to be fair. For all the stick Ole was given, he’s done a very good job there.

I’ll stick my neck out and say, injuries permitting, he’s probably going to be the best English player in several generations. The finishing is there already and he’ll have that gift for his whole career. Whether he can keep his pace and dribbling ability remains to be seen, but he’ll always be a world class finisher off both feet.

13 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

Some of their pens are pretty dodgy but as always in football you put loads of pace in the front 3 which they have and defenders will also be lunging in. We had it with likes of Gabby and Young as Barry and Milner was scoring 6-7 penalties a season.

Â