Manchester United

BOF

They have so many problems, but also lots of fans making excuses.

They seem to be looking at Chelsea and expecting them to do the same with youngsters. The problem is that Chelsea's youngsters have had successful loans at clubs in competitive leagues, Man Utd's haven't. Chelsea have been forced into the position they're in right now, because of their transfer ban. Man Utd haven't. Lampard has essentially been given a free pass this season to reasonably do as poorly as he wants, because of the transfer ban and the reliance on their youngsters. Again, Man Utd have had no such embargo or disadvantage forced on them, but a section of their fans are still calling for Ole (inexperienced 'club legend') to do as well as Chelsea's inexperienced club legend is. Lampard's team are presumably being told to play with freedom and no pressure. Ole can try to replicate that but never will, not with the expectations of their fanbase.

They're in a huge mess, with half of their fans calling for Ole's head because he's not doing what Lampard is, and the other half calling for Ole to stay, citing that it's a 'transition period' and that Ole needs time.

A guy at my work (Birmingham born Man Utd fan, of course), was telling me that when they drew with Sheffield United he couldn't bring himself to watch MOTD. Then, even when they went 2-1 up against us yesterday, he said that he didn't want to watch MOTD because of how far they've fallen. To be fair to him, he did say "maybe I've been spoiled", to which I just laughed.

All in all, it's brilliant. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't think MU have hit the bottom yet.

They are in a mess, the squad is junk. They have a mix of youth players who don't appear to be particularly good, some older experienced PL players who really should have been moved on years ago, and massively overpaid players not delivering.

They need to fix the culture at the club first, then the rest will follow. Whilst they are dishing out huge contracts to people like Young, Jones and Lingaard it doesn't send the right message.

38 minutes ago, Genie said:

I don't think MU have hit the bottom yet.

They are in a mess, the squad is junk. They have a mix of youth players who don't appear to be particularly good, some older experienced PL players who really should have been moved on years ago, and massively overpaid players not delivering.

They need to fix the culture at the club first, then the rest will follow. Whilst they are dishing out huge contracts to people like Young, Jones and Lingaard it doesn't send the right message.

It's a catch 22 for them. It's hard to change the culture at a club when the expectations are high and you're years into the aftermath of Sir Alex leaving, with no sign of the fortunes changing.

Go back a season and you'd think that bringing in an expensive centre-mid (Fred) would solve some of their problems, but he's just added to them. So now they're at the stage where some of their fans want them to be patient and stick with this 'project' of developing youth/ buying potential, whereas other fans want a quick fix, but with the quick fix you often overpay on wages, which can occasionally result in a lack of effort or other times means you inherit someone suffering from, what I think is known as, billy-big-bollocks-itis.

I’m quite enjoying their fall from grace, but only since we’ve started back on the upward curve. I would love for them to get relegated one day, it’ll probably never happen but can you imagine the scenes? 

I had a read through their red cafe forum at the weekend, and on the whole they are very self entitled, whiny bunch of rocket polishers. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I’m quite enjoying their fall from grace, but only since we’ve started back on the upward curve. I would love for them to get relegated one day, it’ll probably never happen but can you imagine the scenes? 

I had a read through their red cafe forum at the weekend, and on the whole they are very self entitled, whiny bunch of rocket polishers. 

They just need to get someone in who knows how to coach. Like Rodgers and Klopp

Edited by villalad21

What I would love to happen is clubs like Leicester bidding for Rashford and him handing in a transfer request.   They will then know they have hit rock bottom.

Has to be a matter of time before their better players know they are going nowhere.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

They will then know they have hit rock bottom.

When they dont fill Mold Trafford,  it's a long way to drive when you are just not winning everything and not getting every decision going your way.

That's when I will be happy,  1st a few thousand then enough for it to be visible on TV.  They have stopped singing almost altogether anyway but I don't hear the ironic "Who the **** are Manure utd" from their own fans.

hahahahahahaha 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I'll play the devil's advocate here.

Counter attacking football against teams that dominate the ball? Hardly a revolutionary tactic. They will keep struggling against the likes of Burnley, Palace etc

Devils advocate? Nobody has said anything about style of play except it worked today

They seem like a copy of Wolves. Only one way of playing, counter attacking football. No plan B.

Fair play it works a treat against teams who want to dominate the ball but you will hit the wall against the likes of Burnley. You will for sure never win a title playing that way, top 4 even is a stretch. You might win a cup here and there.

Â