Manchester United

BOF

Just now, villalad21 said:

Annoying this...

Liverpool not looking like they want this

I don't think it's annoying at all.

Scouser melt down and bringing them down a peg or two (and helping City get back in touching distance with them), plus potentially helping to prolong the Ole disaster? It's win win.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

But.... but Sky keep telling me they are classic games?

Remember when the fixtures somehow contrived to have arsenal, man utd, liverpool and Chelsea playing under the sky guise of "grand slam Sunday" 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Good performance by them thought to be fair.

Play anything near this against Norwich and they'll hammer them.

Haven't won an away game in the league since Feb.

They'll pick up enough points at Old Trafford to at least move back into top half over next 6 weeks you'd suspect.

I do think with what we have in midfield we can give it a good go against them but will need to defend well for 90 minutes which we haven't yet proven this season.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Haven't won an away game in the league since Feb.

They'll pick up enough points at Old Trafford to at least move back into top half over next 6 weeks you'd suspect.

I do think with what we have in midfield we can give it a good go against them but will need to defend well for 90 minutes which we haven't yet proven this season.

Yeah but their a pure counter attacking team. Us and Norwich will play straight into their hands because of our style of play.

Still a possibility us and Norwich will be good enough attacking wise to score enough against them though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Yeah but their a pure counter attacking team. Us and Norwich will play straight into their hands because of our style of play.

Still a possibility us and Norwich will be good enough attacking wise to score enough against them though.

We need to play similar to how Wolves do against them, physical and play reasonably deep but make sure their forward players can quickly be put on the counter attack. Wolves unbeaten in four games v Man. United since promotion.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

We need to play similar to how Wolves do against them, physical and play reasonably deep but make sure their forward players can quickly be put on the counter attack. Wolves unbeaten in four games v Man. United since promotion.

We are nothing like Wolves in how we play and I just don’t think we have the tools to play the way they do.

• Like 2

the "go buy kane" one liner from him? followed by "what are you all staring at me for? they're man utd"

buying players at this stage is papering over cracks but I can remember laughing when they were linked to kane for £50m 3 years back, a goalscorer makes a huge difference, lukaku was a major misstep 

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

For all the praise they still only had 2 shots on target.

Pretty much their theme this season. Can't create chances.

they will create 2 chances and still score 4 against us 😂

• Haha 3

Credit for showing some spirit but all this nonsense about how well they played gets me. They got up for the biggest game of their season. Liverpool were woeful particularly in the first half but but for VAR we'd be having very different conversations

The problem they have is that they have pissed away mega money on people like Lingard, Sanchez and Rashford so when they approach a proper player like Kane his agent wants double or more what they’re paying those clowns and rightly so. So they go to plan B of buying players like Wan Bisakka from Palace, Daniel James from Swansea  and £80m on McGuire from Leicester.

They are either Man United the biggest football brand in the world and they’ll buy who they like... or they are premier league top half also ran.

They can’t  be both.

Â