Manchester United

BOF

No sympathy for the majority of their fan base. Lot of mushroom supporters that followed them on the back of their initial first PL title in '93. They knew nothing for years only winning. Reading the reaction on twitter tonight and some of them are close to throwing themselves in the river.

• Like 2

They are broken.

When I think about the United of the last 25/30 years its a big club with a core of quality youth products sprinkled with superstars.

I think they have some decent youth players like Mctominay, Rashford, Williams and Greenwood also look ok. Then some decent others like Martial, Daniel James, Wan-Bissaka. They are crying out for a big name or 2 who has been there and done it. Rooney, Zlatan, even Michael Owen. They need a superstar match winner.

Problem is, when they approach someone like Cavani I bet his wage request is longer than his international phone number as they are in distress and out of the champions league.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Speaking of Lambert, before we appointed him. I remember the huge support on here for OGS to be our manager back in about 2012 because of a training session video

Lots of fans want young up and coming managers at their club... until they turn out to be Lambert / Garde / Sherwood.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Genie said:

They are broken.

When I think about the United of the last 25/30 years its a big club with a core of quality youth products sprinkled with superstars.

I think they have some decent youth players like Mctominay, Rashford, Williams and Greenwood also look ok. Then some decent others like Martial, Daniel James, Wan-Bissaka. They are crying out for a big name or 2 who has been there and done it. Rooney, Zlatan, even Michael Owen. They need a superstar match winner.

Problem is, when they approach someone like Cavani I bet his wage request is longer than his international phone number as they are in distress and out of the champions league.

To me that's the problem under the current set up, with the rot setting in from the top an international superstar cruising to retirement whilst man utd pay him enough to buy a milkman a house does them no favours 

The other problem for them is they won't be able to reach the top again by cherry picking the best of English talent like they did 20-30 years ago

With Woodward still in a job there is no player or manager that can fix them, if the boss man is getting the bullets then the workers who's job is perfectly safe productivity goes down, its same for all walks of life, change has to come from the top

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The other problem for them is they won't be able to reach the top again by cherry picking the best of English talent like they did 20-30 years ago

I agree. Times have changed. 15-20 years ago United would have easily snapped up likes of Grealish and/or Maddison. Possibly Harry Kane up top too as they could offer money the clubs and players couldn't refuse and wouldn't get anywhere else. Now they can't offer enough to these guys to upset the apple cart. They are already getting big, big money so its not worth the hassle.

They are clueless in the transfer market and need to be cleverer. I read a while ago they have 60 full time scouts. What on earth are they doing?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Genie said:

There's the bit of you that says he's got to go. But then, you know that they'll fail again to bring in a suitable replacement, and suitable players so there's not much point.

I think they need to go and get Pochettino before he's snapped up elsewhere........

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

Speaking of Lambert, before we appointed him. I remember the huge support on here for OGS to be our manager back in about 2012 because of a training session video

Think it was more to do with his record at Molde tbf.

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I think they need to go and get Pochettino before he's snapped up elsewhere........

Jury still out on Poch for me. Did a decent job at Spurs but won nothing. Does he have any honours as a manager at all? It could work and be a great partnership but I think United should be looking at managers who have a track record of winning.

45 minutes ago, Genie said:

Jury still out on Poch for me. Did a decent job at Spurs but won nothing. Does he have any honours as a manager at all? It could work and be a great partnership but I think United should be looking at managers who have a track record of winning.

But they've been down that route already haven't they with Van Gaal and Mourinho.......

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

Shoooot! :) I was all in as well.  To be fair to him I quite like ogs still. But he does seem to share Lambert's trait of really not having a football philosophy and just being... well reactive? if that makes sense. 

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

On 15/01/2020 at 23:50, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

How long have they been in negotiations with Bruno Fernandes at this stage? All last summer and this January and they still haven't it done. 

Typical United transfer policy now. Mourinho even said something similar. He'd give them a list of players and nothing would get done. They seem incapable of completing an overseas signing quickly anymore

Â