Manchester United

BOF

10 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I'm gonna have to be honest.

They look a completely different team with Martial back in the side.

Always rated him.

No credit to Solskjaer. Its like Smith all over when Grealish returned 😂

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

No credit to Solskjaer. Its like Smith all over when Grealish returned 😂

1st away win in the league for them so far.

No, it's too early to give praise to Ole.

They are still miles away from where they are expected to be.

Edited by villalad21

27 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I wonder how Neville and Souness are going to contrive to blame Pogba for 2 penalty misses by 2 different players this time.

Doesn’t change the fact his penalty record is horrendous tbf.

1 minute ago, penguin said:

Doesn’t change the fact his penalty record is horrendous tbf.

I could understand if that was their argument but they were going on about the designated taker and how he was disrupting the harmony by taking the pen instead of Rashfotd etc.

Didn't Arsenal have a thing back in their glory days when the player fouled would never take the penalty. Can remember loads of times Henry passed up the penalty because he got taken down and Pires or someone else would take it.

If you start with 3-4 attacking players as most teams do nowadays any of them should be capable of taking a penalty. Think back to us under MON, Young, Carew, Milner, Downing could all take them.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Didn't Arsenal have a thing back in their glory days when the player fouled would never take the penalty. Can remember loads of times Henry passed up the penalty because he got taken down and Pires or someone else would take it.

If you start with 3-4 attacking players as most teams do nowadays any of them should be capable of taking a penalty. Think back to us under MON, Young, Carew, Milner, Downing could all take them.

I think in the Arsenal case maybe they thought as they probably dived to win the pen their conscience might get the better of them so best to let another player take it!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Barry was our designated penalty taker under MON until he went to Ci$y. I was never confident when Young stepped up tbh. Seem to remember him missing a few.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Barry was our designated penalty taker under MON until he went to Ci$y. I was never confident when Young stepped up tbh. Seem to remember him missing a few.

Never fancied Benteke's rollers either tbh. Can't remember him missing one though.

Barry had an air of confidence so I trusted him a lot more, even though he definitely missed a couple.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Never fancied Benteke's rollers either tbh. Can't remember him missing one though.

Barry had an air of confidence so I trusted him a lot more, even though he definitely missed a couple.

Benteke was awful at penalties(still is), he definitely missed one at Arsenal and somehow keeper gave him a rebound

Carew's "I will kick this ball harder than anything has been kicked before" technique was one I loved. 

He missed one I think, but for a guy who was what 6ft 7?  He kicked the ball so hard both his feet left the ground :lol: 

Had a keeper got a hand to one, I'm confident the ball would still have hit the net, but with a detached hand melted onto it :lol:  

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Carew's "I will kick this ball harder than anything has been kicked before" technique was one I loved. 

He missed one I think, but for a guy who was what 6ft 7?  He kicked the ball so hard both his feet left the ground :lol: 

Had a keeper got a hand to one, I'm confident the ball would still have hit the net, but with a detached hand melted onto it :lol:  

I am sure the one he missed vs Newcastle is still moving 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

A technique now adopted by Troy Deeney.

14 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Rumours Glazers selling the club to Saudis.

Just what this league needs. Another big club getting bought by mega rich owners..

Not only mega rich but **** horrible people to boot

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KHV said:

Not only mega rich but **** horrible people to boot

In before them renaming their ground to Saudis Arena.

The irony is Man Utd fans for years have been slamming Man City fans, calling the club soulless.

Well. "Saudis in" is trending on Twitter now. Man Utd fans can't wait to jump on this new bandwagon.

Football fans really are a bunch of hypocrites.

Â