Manchester United

BOF

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Dybala wanted a £12m signing fee and £250k a week according to the rumours

if they are overpaying on the transfer fees you can only imagine the wages are going to do exactly the same

self inflicted and hopefully soon to be hindered by the FFP system they instigated, Ed's going to need some more fruit juice partners

They'll probably get them though. Although I think they have every possible deal going

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Romero is a better keeper than De Gea these days

Would be interested to know what this is based on.  Romero must have played about 4 games in the last 3 years whilst De Gea has been first choice for both Man Utd and Spain.   I would imagine De Gea, should he leave Man Utd, will go on to be first choice keeper at another big club.  Romero won't.  Are you seeing something the vast majority of people are missing?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Genie said:

If you said you had a twinge in the knee or hamstring I don't think they could prove the lie (without any doubt).

Martial is interesting case.

Got injured v Palace on August 23rd and at time it was said he'd be out for a week or two, certainly back after September international week.

Only came back to full training yesterday.

Of course it might've been a worse injury than reported but seems odd United didn't just say he'd be out for about six weeks if that was the case.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Would be interested to know what this is based on.  Romero must have played about 4 games in the last 3 years whilst De Gea has been first choice for both Man Utd and Spain.   I would imagine De Gea, should he leave Man Utd, will go on to be first choice keeper at another big club.  Romero won't.  Are you seeing something the vast majority of people are missing?

Romero was fairly solid in their cup games last season, one goal conceded away to Chelsea and Arsenal. Think he was also the main keeper when they won Uefa cup in 2017.

He does throw in the odd clanger for Argentina.

His limitations would probably show if he has to play 10 league games straight but he's pretty decent to come into games now and then.

Allegri being lined up to take over as united are planning to sack solsjaker according to reports.

Not really a shock. Solsjaker was always going to be disaster.  Allegri woukd be a great appointment for them although I don't think united fans will be very happy with his ultra negative football.

8 hours ago, bobzy said:

It's based on the fact that De Gea has been utter s*** for the past 2 seasons.

• Like 1

There was talk that they basically were going to let Solksjaer hang on until the back end of the season, and then let him take the can for the shit season and the new manager have 2 months to either get a new coach bounce or to have a few games to get the squad used to the new regime going into the summer with the excuse of the season being a right off to deflect criticism if they don't click right away.

Or they just get rid of him now because everyone and his dog knows he's a dead man walking.

46 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Or they just get rid of him now because everyone and his dog knows he's a dead man walking.

A draw would be a great result,  we need to get to January with them picking up points here and there.

A win for Utd would be ideal though as that papers the cracks,  the glory hunters will take that all day long.  I want them to give him loads in January to spend on rubbish.

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

A draw would be a great result,  we need to get to January with them picking up points here and there.

A win for Utd would be ideal though as that papers the cracks,  the glory hunters will take that all day long.  I want them to give him loads in January to spend on rubbish.

Regardless of whether they decided to keep him on Solskjaer wouldn't have much say in January. They know he's done. The work they do in Jan will be with a view to whoever is coming in afterwards, and the rebuild.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Regardless of whether they decided to keep him on Solskjaer wouldn't have much say in January. They know he's done. The work they do in Jan will be with a view to whoever is coming in afterwards, and the rebuild.

In a way they are in trouble from a few angles.

The current players have been devalued by amazing amounts in the last 12 months.

Who wants to go there in Jan when Solskjaer is still there ?

They will need quite a few quid and high wages as they always get ripped off these days.

They will probably try and nick Mcginn &/or Grealish.  We can deal but its 115 m each to utd as a minimum.

A few bad results + injuries and we could all be having a right good xmas.

8 hours ago, villalad21 said:

It's based on the fact that De Gea has been utter s*** for the past 2 seasons.

I don't think he has been, though.  He's made more mistakes than usual but has generally been decent.  Their defence as a unit has taken an utter nosedive though.  To demonstrate, last season, only Neil Etheridge (relegated Cardiff) and Lukas Fabianski (West Ham) faced more shots on target than De Gea in the league.  De Gea faced 184 shots.  Without going as far as Liverpool and Man City, even decent enough teams' goalies faced way less - say, Pickford and Schmeichel (143 each).  The Man Utd defence is just nowhere near strong enough.

This season hasn't been quite the same - although De Gea has the 6th best save:shot ratio in the league (Lloris is top - he's made a few mistakes too, but generally been decent).

It's the problem with being a goalkeeper.  People remember the mistakes.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I don't think he has been, though.  He's made more mistakes than usual but has generally been decent.  Their defence as a unit has taken an utter nosedive though.  To demonstrate, last season, only Neil Etheridge (relegated Cardiff) and Lukas Fabianski (West Ham) faced more shots on target than De Gea in the league.  De Gea faced 184 shots.  Without going as far as Liverpool and Man City, even decent enough teams' goalies faced way less - say, Pickford and Schmeichel (143 each).  The Man Utd defence is just nowhere near strong enough.

This season hasn't been quite the same - although De Gea has the 6th best save:shot ratio in the league (Lloris is top - he's made a few mistakes too, but generally been decent).

It's the problem with being a goalkeeper.  People remember the mistakes.

Lloris has declined way more than De Gea. He's not at his imperious level from a few seasons ago but he's still a very good keeper. I'd have him over Heaton any day for example and I rate Heaton. I can't say the same for Lloris though.

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

There was talk that they basically were going to let Solksjaer hang on until the back end of the season, and then let him take the can for the shit season and the new manager have 2 months to either get a new coach bounce or to have a few games to get the squad used to the new regime going into the summer with the excuse of the season being a right off to deflect criticism if they don't click right away.

They need to go all out for Pochettino before Real get there first.  Give him a free pass to look at the squad for the remainder of the season (I suspect he will improve a load of their younger players) then give him a war chest in the summer.  

Â