Manchester United

BOF

The problem for United now is can they attract the big players.

I know if I were a classy player (which I'm not), there are now at least 2 or 3 English clubs alone I would go to in England over them.

How they mighty have fallen, and it's self inflicted.

Yeah 18 months ago they'd have been in panic stations but Romero played in big cup ties last year at Arsenal and Chelsea and was fairly solid from memory.

That was in their incredible winning run though so I imagine he'll be much more tested if De Gea is out for the next few weeks.

I can't for the life of me remember where I saw/heard it but there was a piece about Man United's "injuries" and how when the chips are down players of certain mentalities don't rush themselves back. When I heard DdG went off with a "tweak" last night I did wonder whether he just wanted to be out of the firing line for this weekend's game.

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

I can't for the life of me remember where I saw/heard it but there was a piece about Man United's "injuries" and how when the chips are down players of certain mentalities don't rush themselves back. When I heard DdG went off with a "tweak" last night I did wonder whether he just wanted to be out of the firing line for this weekend's game.

I've thought the same thing.

But football clubs today got top medical staff. Faking injuries won't work.

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I've thought the same thing.

But football clubs today got top medical staff. Faking injuries won't work.

If you said you had a twinge in the knee or hamstring I don't think they could prove the lie (without any doubt).

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

If you said you had a twinge in the knee or hamstring I don't think they could prove the lie (without any doubt).

That's it. At the end of the day, all the top medical people can do is ask 'are you ready to play?' and if you are hesitant they will not rush you back in. 

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

That's it. At the end of the day, all the top medical people can do is ask 'are you ready to play?' and if you are hesitant they will not rush you back in. 

Or if he plays and has a bad game he can say he wasn't fully fit and the club knew and played him anyway, putting more pressure on solskjaer 

2 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Or if he plays and has a bad game he can say he wasn't fully fit and the club knew and played him anyway, putting more pressure on solskjaer 

True, no-lose from DdG point of view. He could also get himself subbed early if it looked like they were going to get a hiding.

17 hours ago, MaVilla said:

The problem for United now is can they attract the big players.

I know if I were a classy player (which I'm not), there are now at least 2 or 3 English clubs alone I would go to in England over them.

How they mighty have fallen, and it's self inflicted.

Dybala wanted a £12m signing fee and £250k a week according to the rumours

if they are overpaying on the transfer fees you can only imagine the wages are going to do exactly the same

self inflicted and hopefully soon to be hindered by the FFP system they instigated, Ed's going to need some more fruit juice partners

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Dybala wanted a £12m signing fee and £250k a week according to the rumours

if they are overpaying on the transfer fees you can only imagine the wages are going to do exactly the same

self inflicted and hopefully soon to be hindered by the FFP system they instigated, Ed's going to need some more fruit juice partners

When your paying rashford 220k a week who is still raw more proven players will expect more

Â