Manchester United

BOF

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

If you still honestly have those questions after our chat then as I say, we'll leave it there.  The answers are above, and more than what you've just posted.

Let's see what you've said about Guardiola:

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Are Pep's suits made of teflon?

58 minutes ago, BOF said:

...he went to the backyard of the second coming and stole a point off him that he really shouldn't have got, all things being equal.  He should be getting lauded for mugging everyone's favourite genius.

18 minutes ago, BOF said:

In fact this whole discussion kinda proves my point about the remarkable non-stickiness of Guardiola.  So yes, you could be forgiven for thinking he is everyone's favourite genius.  Until you look at his results and the resources at his disposal.

13 minutes ago, BOF said:

Both of these have been comprehensively and explicitly answered by me further up this conversation.

I don't see any mention of why he should be getting criticism - just sarcastic name calling.  Don't get me wrong, this is no defence of Guardiola (I haven't even brought him up!) but I don't see why he should be criticised for last night.  The team failing to win goes under his remit but, other than that...?

As you said yourself:

1 hour ago, BOF said:

makes me think the whole thing is less of an impartial discussion, and more a standard internet argument :)

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Ultimately I think it comes down to personality. 

It doesn't, it comes down to the style of football the manager's play. Pep plays a pretty bizarre all out attack style that's entertaining and he wants his team to score lots of goals. Mourinho sets up to nullify the opposition and win 1-0 by scoring on the counter attack which is horrendous to watch. That's the reason for the criticism, nothing to do with personality. If you have the talent Mourinho has it should never be acceptable to play the way he does and he does it in every big game. He's delighted with a 0-0 in every big match.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

It doesn't, it comes down to the style of football the manager's play. Pep plays a pretty bizarre all out attack style that's entertaining and he wants his team to score lots of goals. Mourinho sets up to nullify the opposition and win 1-0 by scoring on the counter attack which is horrendous to watch. That's the reason for the criticism, nothing to do with personality. If you have the talent Mourinho has it should never be acceptable to play the way he does and he does it in every big game. He's delighted with a 0-0 in every big match.

As you say, currently, Mourinho is definitely setting up to nullify in the big matches, especially with his currently available squad, but I don't think that's true of him in general.  His Chelsea in its pomp pretty much hammered everyone and scored a record amount of Premier League goals in the process (which still stands AFAIK).  His Inter and Real broke records.  He had the players to do it, and so he went and did it.  No unnecessary bus parking.  He's far from that level with this United squad and they've a huge summer ahead.  If we're talking about the talent of Mourinho then last night's result is a testament to getting a point he had very ilttle right to get.  If we're tallking about the talent of his squad, then last night's approach should tell us everything we need to know about what he thinks those players are capable of.

7 hours ago, PaulC said:

I dont agree with that. Jose sole purpose is to stop other teams playing. Give me a Real Madrid v Barcelona game anyday over a Manchester derby as there is only one man trying to play football. Jose is anti-football. The game would be better off without him.

Fergie played exactly the same way in April 2012 when they needed a point to win the league.

On Friday, April 28, 2017 at 12:20, rodders0223 said:

As a critic of Jose I am not going to have a dig for last night, that is what you do when you are away to a very strong team and your rivals. You keep it tight away and win your home games. The only issue is  they haven't won nearly enough home games to 'get away with it.'

Again.

They are more turgid than Steve Bruce the morning after an eat you can eat session.

think its 26 league games now unbeaten but so many draws. 14 this season but lack a cutting edge in front of goal. I cant remember them giving a team a beating like they would in the past

I suppose the handy 6 points they got vs Villa has also done some damage to their Top 4 bid

I saw a bit of the game and it looked like they were sitting in with everyone but Rashford behind the ball, at home to Swansea!

Mourinho got exactly what he deserved with Swansea's late equaliser, he's so boring.

• Like 1

I really think people are underestimating the injuries affecting his side and the limited nature of tge squad compared to rivals. They have definitely bought badly in tge last 2-3 years including van gaals reign.

Give Jose a well balanced side with some quality in it and they play better. There is so much chaff in that side

There's not many players in the side who are top 4 calibre really. Ashley Young at left back at this stage pretty much sums up the lack of quality. 

For all the stick Jose gets for not really trying youngsters throughout his managerial career, Martial, Rashford and Lingaard in particular have let him down an awful lot this season. 

I feel really sorry for Swansea.

They put in a great performance and could be relegated because of that piece of shit Rashford. He's an overhyped, cheating, shit player.

We need retrospective punishment for diving.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I feel really sorry for Swansea.

They put in a great performance and could be relegated because of that piece of shit Rashford. He's an overhyped, cheating, shit player.

We need retrospective punishment for diving.

I genuinely do not get the hype, he has pace and some decent control but that's it, misses a lots of chances, doesn't really have much end product, he looks several levels below someone like Mbappe. Rashford seems destined to be at a team like Stoke in the next 3 or 4 years.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

I know its a lot of 'what ifs' but all they need to do in convert a handful of draws into wins and they would be well clear in 3rd. 

• Like 1

Â