Manchester United

BOF

On 18/05/2017 at 10:25, rodders0223 said:

They are quite possibly the shittest football side I have watched since Gary Megson's Bolton team.

And still they go 25 games unbeaten & win 2 cups including Europe. If that's a shit team playing shit football i'll gladly swap places with them

• Like 2

25 games unbeaten, Community Shield  League Cup, 6th in the table, European Final and maybe Champions League qualification.

2 trips to Wembley, 2/3 trophies. It hasn't been pretty most of the time but it's not bad by any means. 

For many clubs that would constitute their greatest ever season.

On 5/18/2017 at 10:25, rodders0223 said:

They are quite possibly the shittest football side I have watched since Gary Megson's Bolton team.

Mourinho has become a clone of the greatest tactician alive 

Spoiler

alex-mcleish_1924048c.jpg

18 hours ago, Genie said:

25 games unbeaten, Community Shield  League Cup, 6th in the table, European Final and maybe Champions League qualification.

2 trips to Wembley, 2/3 trophies. It hasn't been pretty most of the time but it's not bad by any means. 

They've probably spent more in this season than most clubs in their histories, too.

Fair play for the cup runs, though.

18 hours ago, Genie said:

Not that many clubs really when you think about it. Maybe the likes of Brentford, but even clubs like Ipswich, Wolves, Westbrom, Derby, Forest, Blackburn have had better seasons 

19 hours ago, Genie said:

Given where United have been under SAF it's a pretty pathetic return. Also for the insane amounts of money spent last season they'd certainly expect to be more competitive in the league.

Said it before in this thread good cup team but won't trouble the league anytime soon.  They will spend millions trying to win the league but come nowhere near.  Basically what they were before Fergie.

20 hours ago, Genie said:

They're more or less at the level now we were under MON.

Was 09/10 one of our greatest ever seasons? Yes compared to the complete mess we've made of last 6 years but still in the shade of what we were producing in the 80s and 90s. 

Today could see the debut of 16 year old Angel Gomes who is a massive talent. If he didn't pull out with injury he would have been captaining the u17s who just lost to Spain in the final. 

Josh Harrop who I love is also getting his debut. 

Turns out the kids ain't bad.  I saw value in betting on a financially-motivated Palace going there for the upset, but that was scuppered.  I'd have had a better chance if they'd used an unmotivated first team rather than a very motivated B team.  Ho hum.

I bet Jose would have loved to have lost that game, then he could complain about having to field youngsters, the fixture list, how winning games in cup competitions means you have to play more games, how a squad of 25 internationals isn't enough to compete on several fronts, how spending £150m on 3 outstanding talents international footballers isn't enough.

As it was though, he rotated like every other manager does, won the game and made him look a right mug.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

I bet Jose would have loved to have lost that game, then he could complain about having to field youngsters, the fixture list, how winning games in cup competitions means you have to play more games, how a squad of 25 internationals isn't enough to compete on several fronts, how spending £150m on 3 outstanding talents international footballers isn't enough.

As it was though, he rotated like every other manager does, won the game and made him look a right mug.

He'll still be spending £150m+ in the summer - make no mistake about it.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

The result is immaterial.  The predicament was exactly as he said.  The fact Palace were too shit to take advantage of an academy side with a sprinkling of seniors doesn't change the larger point being made.  He did have to field youngsters.  They were just better than Palace.

6 hours ago, bobzy said:

He'll still be spending £150m+ in the summer - make no mistake about it.

£150m is naff all these days for premier league clubs, probably the equivalent of about £40m 3 years ago.

I bet united will spend north of £200m personally.

Don't really know where else to put this - but it's loosely based on Man Utd so....

Modern football really is shit, isn't it?

Atletico Madrid star Antoine Griezmann says a transfer to Manchester United is 'possible', adding there is a 'six out of 10' chance he will move to Old Trafford this summer.

(Link:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40006920)

15 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Don't really know where else to put this - but it's loosely based on Man Utd so....

Modern football really is shit, isn't it?

Atletico Madrid star Antoine Griezmann says a transfer to Manchester United is 'possible', adding there is a 'six out of 10' chance he will move to Old Trafford this summer.

(Link:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40006920)

i think it's the worst kept secret of the summer.  If United get CL football then United get Griezmann.  That'll be the '6 out of 10' he's alluding to.  Saying he'll 'make a decision in 2 weeks'.  Yes, Antoine, I wonder why.

Â