Manchester United

BOF

If Man U misses out on CL yet again they will face a 30% reduction on their £75m / year deal.

Not the end of the world, but still a lot of money.

Think they will get CL through the Europa League thou.

5 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Ref couldn't wait to get a red card out there to send off Larsson. Incredibly harsh. Would he have been so quick to send off a utd player?

Probably not given Rojo has been guilty of those challenges twice this season.

Reminded me of when Gabby got sent off v them two seasons ago.

Edited by VillaChris

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Probably not given Rojo has been guilty of those challenges twice this season.

Reminded me of when Gabby got sent off v them two seasons ago.

i had to google that as didnt remember. an awful tackle from the photos, nowhere near the ball :lol:

Gabriel_Agbonlahor_3147189b.jpg

Since I can't stand Larsson I actually have no problems with him getting sent off :)

And since I can't stand him I'm sure he'll sign for the team I support in Sweden come the summer :(

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Since I can't stand Larsson I actually have no problems with him getting sent off :)

And since I can't stand him I'm sure he'll sign for the team I support in Sweden come the summer :(

well he has a good working relationship with Bruce so he might be at Villa come the summer ;)

Just now, Zatman said:

well he has a good working relationship with Bruce so he might be at Villa come the summer ;)

That could possibly push me into the Bruce out camp again :P

31 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Ref couldn't wait to get a red card out there to send off Larsson. Incredibly harsh. Would he have been so quick to send off a utd player?

I believe it was the same ref who failed to send Rojo off for his two footer leg breaker (which one?)earlier in the season.

49 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Pictures can be deceiving, never a red in a million years. He just blocked the ball and gently followed through.

The game is in a really bad place from the perspective of tackling/ defending. There is an incredible bias in the game toward attacking football, defending and tackling is a dying art. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

1 hour ago, sne said:

If Man U misses out on CL yet again they will face a 30% reduction on their £75m / year deal.

Even Man United would miss £22.5m from the annual budget, plus the loss of CL earnings.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

The game is in a really bad place from the perspective of tackling/ defending. There is an incredible bias in the game toward attacking football, defending and tackling is a dying art. 

Agreed to an extent.  The game just doesn't reward attempted tackles.

You know, those ones that are slightly late so they catch a player but no malice intended and a pure attempt to win the ball?  Automatic yellow card.  Cynical foul when a playing is running clear?  Also yellow card.  Makes no sense.

Â