Manchester United

BOF

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

Yes but the refs still favour the defenders when deciding who has fouled and goalkeepers still every decision even when they batter the forward.

I don't really see that. 

Also the rules of the game have been changed to benefit attacking football. The no pass back rule was big (not saying there's anything wrong with this but clearly makes defending more difficult) and the offside rule in particular is incredibly biased toward forwards. On top of that you can no longer go in for a strong challenge and a slightly mistimed tackle carries a far bigger risk than it ever did. 

Yes but the offside rule has once again changed and brought the interfering with play back into the equation. The tackle thing is more about stopping bad injuries. I don't want to return to the old days where bad tackles went unpunished.

7 hours ago, PaulC said:

Yes but the offside rule has once again changed and brought the interfering with play back into the equation. The tackle thing is more about stopping bad injuries. I don't want to return to the old days where bad tackles went unpunished.

But it's not about bad tackles. It's about genuine attempts to win the ball that get overly punished. 

It will be interesting to see how much money they throw at trying to get back into the top four in the summer. If they sign greizmann for ~£80m they proably still need to spend another £40-£50m.

22 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I don't really see that. 

Also the rules of the game have been changed to benefit attacking football. The no pass back rule was big (not saying there's anything wrong with this but clearly makes defending more difficult) and the offside rule in particular is incredibly biased toward forwards. On top of that you can no longer go in for a strong challenge and a slightly mistimed tackle carries a far bigger risk than it ever did. 

I don't know, every 50/50 seems to go to the defender. Don't know if you watched Juve last night, but Mandzukic beat Roberto to the ball who then pretty much took him down with two feet and both ended up on the floor. Mandzukic got booked! 

Refs get most of these reds right for me. If you go in with two feet or your foot off the ground, you've no real defence when he sends you off. 

27 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

I don't know, every 50/50 seems to go to the defender. Don't know if you watched Juve last night, but Mandzukic beat Roberto to the ball who then pretty much took him down with two feet and both ended up on the floor. Mandzukic got booked! 

Refs get most of these reds right for me. If you go in with two feet or your foot off the ground, you've no real defence when he sends you off. 

Not read the rest of the thread but I thought ref got that one right. Mandzukic moved across and planted his arm in Robertos face who then had little option but to go to ground and take him down as you say. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villa89 said:

It will be interesting to see how much money they throw at trying to get back into the top four in the summer. If they sign greizmann for ~£80m they proably still need to spend another £40-£50m.

Yeah, I think they'll spend big again - especially if they miss out on CL football next season.  Could easily top £150m in the summer.

14 hours ago, villa89 said:

they probably still need a another full back, centre back, midfielder, winger and striker

Watching Man U against Anderlecht it's frankly amazing how many bad decisions in attacking and scoring positions their players are making.

They are snatching at their chances and and taking poor shots that go sailing miles over the bar in positions where they would be better of finding a teammate.

In FM terms one would say they are lacking composure and vision. 

It's a hyper-extension.  They happen all the time in the NFL for example.  First of all it's not always an injury.  A strong knee can spring back.  It CAN be an injury and it may be one, but it may not.  And even if it is, it may not be a bad one.  He's such a physically strong unit it wouldn't surprise me if he's just a bit sore this morning.

Everybody was raving about Rashford after this game, and I agree that he was impressive at points...but bloody hell he doesn't half make some strange decisions. Hopefully he grows out of it because he has the ability.

Game should have ended 7-1.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Everybody was raving about Rashford after this game, and I agree that he was impressive at points...but bloody hell he doesn't half make some strange decisions. Hopefully he grows out of it because he has the ability.

Game should have ended 7-1.

Yes maybe 7-2

Â