Manchester United

BOF

13 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

There are more than happy to sit back and let Celta Vigo dominate the game. At Old Trafford. Let that sink in. This is now acceptable?

This is Man United for Christ sake.

I asked the question in the match thread. 

Man United v celta vigo under SAF. 

What would be your prediction? 5/6-0? Anything less and he'd be getting pelters. Yet "the special one' gets away with this shit. Steve Bruce gets pelters for his pragmatic style and he hasn't spent 600 gazillion in the process. 

José will not be at UTD in 2yrs. 

Ferguson genius is actually becoming more apparent with every passing season. 3 managers are now struggling and 2 of them are top class coaches in their prime

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, av1 said:

I asked the question in the match thread. 

Man United v celta vigo under SAF. 

What would be your prediction? 5/6-0? Anything less and he'd be getting pelters. Yet "the special one' gets away with this shit. Steve Bruce gets pelters for his pragmatic style and he hasn't spent 600 gazillion in the process. 

José will not be at UTD in 2yrs. 

relatively speaking, we have :angry:

• Like 1

In fairness Fergie didn't care about the europa league, they went out to the likes of Bilbao and Motor Volograd in his tenure.

Mourinho generally knows what to do in knock out football. It isn't pretty but Man. United are tough to beat and getting through just.

I'm really interested how Ajax do in a one off final. There's a danger they could freeze but some of their forward players could really trouble what will be a weakened United back 4 if they can get in the game enough.

What's more annoying than anything is BT have quietly switched their showcase channel to HD so us simpletons with a freeview TV that isn't HD don't get a free euro game anymore!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

There are more than happy to sit back and let Celta Vigo dominate the game. At Old Trafford. Let that sink in. This is now acceptable?

This is Man United for Christ sake.

Mourinho doesn't give a shit about what United should be doing. He got them to the final of the Europa league. That is what you get with Mourinho. He will grind out the 1-0 wins and get results. He doesn't claim to play attractive football or score loads, but he will get you the results. That is all the matters. I don't think the United board will be unhappy that United only won 2-1 in the legs. 

4 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Mourinho doesn't give a shit about what United should be doing. He got them to the final of the Europa league. That is what you get with Mourinho. He will grind out the 1-0 wins and get results. He doesn't claim to play attractive football or score loads, but he will get you the results. That is all the matters. I don't think the United board will be unhappy that United only won 2-1 in the legs. 

I agree that he doesn't really care...about what is good for the club, or what the fans want. He will do  2 year stint, pick up a few trophies for himself(looking more likely to be the B trophies nowadays) and then jump ship again.

No idea where he has left to go after that.

They were TERRIBLE to watch last night, but would you back against them in the final now?  I'm not sure I would.  Especially given the age of that Ajax side.  They're babies.  If United win that, they'll get out of this season with a League Cup win, a Europa League win, a Champions League place for next season and Mourinho would probably remind you of a Community Shield win too knowing him :lol: But that CL spot is all important because it makes their transfer targets possible.  I'd imagine Griezmann is all but signed up provided they're a CL side.  Not so much if they're Europa League though.  There'll be others in similar situations.

• Like 2

Ive watched United a few times recently and every time it's just awful to watch.

Cant blame Jose too much I guess, he's put all his eggs in the Europa basket knowing he hasn't really got the fire power for the top 4 and I bet he's got a million quid or 2 riding on winning it too.

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I agree that he doesn't really care...about what is good for the club, or what the fans want. He will do  2 year stint, pick up a few trophies for himself(looking more likely to be the B trophies nowadays) and then jump ship again.

No idea where he has left to go after that.

He was given the task of rebuilding United and he is doing that. If they win Europa league, then they are back in the champs league. Next season they will try to push for top 4, then I'd imagine the goal would be to win the league. 

You pretty much know what you will get with Mourinho. I'd like to see him try managing an international team, but I don't think his rigid training and tactics would work for that. 

32 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

He was given the task of rebuilding United and he is doing that. If they win Europa league, then they are back in the champs league. Next season they will try to push for top 4, then I'd imagine the goal would be to win the league. 

You pretty much know what you will get with Mourinho. I'd like to see him try managing an international team, but I don't think his rigid training and tactics would work for that. 

I'd love to see if he could get a tune out of the England team.

29 minutes ago, Zatman said:

was Van Gaal really any worse than that 

Quite simply, no.

Wonder how long mourinho will get if (more likely, when) things don't change. 

More the Boring one, no longer the self proclaimed Special One. 

Â