Manchester United

BOF

On 12/1/2016 at 16:47, HanoiVillan said:

He's suspended for that game. 

For some reason this instinctively makes me lol. On reflection it's because it denies Sky et al. the chance to w&nk themselves silly about Rooney 'coming home' to break a record or some shit like that. At the same time ignoring the fact he's been a useless, unfit, smoking (unforgivable for a 300K A WEEK sportsman) passenger for England and Utd since Fergie's penultimate season.

I think he needs to bite the bullet and just pay whatever Fellaini wants to get those incriminating photos back.  That's the only explanation I have for him getting any game time.

It was a ridiculous decision to spend all that money on Pogba when they needed more strength in depth and that is all down the the managers arrogance.

Could find themselves outside the top 6 again come the end of the season.

11 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

It was a ridiculous decision to spend all that money on Pogba when they needed more strength in depth and that is all down the the managers arrogance.

Could find themselves outside the top 6 again come the end of the season.

I think Pogba was very much a club signing, rather than just on the manager. Same with Ibra, though I've no doubt Jose also liked both.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kurtsimonw said:

I think Pogba was very much a club signing, rather than just on the manager. Same with Ibra, though I've no doubt Jose also liked both.

Me thinks that as well. Pogba doesn't seem like a Mourinho type player to be honest. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think Pogba definitely fits the Mourinho type of player. tall, powerful and athletic

Doesn't really track back though. Mourinho likes his players to be running all match, basically someone like Kante. Pogba drifts in and out of matches. 

4 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

#3 shirt seller in the World. Says it all.

To be honest, a lot of that is because he has "worlds most expensive player" tag. They should have broken it on a better player if they were going down that road.

• Like 1

On ‎05‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 21:34, Genie said:

To be honest, a lot of that is because he has "worlds most expensive player" tag. They should have broken it on a better player if they were going down that road.

I'd say most of it is the fact that he plays for Manchester United. If he joined Chelsea or Man City then it would be Zlatan or whoever else United signed who would have the 3rd best shirt sales.

• Like 1

Still not looking like a team that has clicked, although yesterdays game was very controlled against a weak opponent on a terrible pitch.

At least Zlatan seem to have regained his scoring touch after a rare blip in form. 7 goals in his last 6 games.

Really must replace Rojo in January, but probably won't as Bially will be off to the AFCON.

On 12/5/2016 at 18:31, Zatman said:

I think Pogba definitely fits the Mourinho type of player. tall, powerful and athletic

Maybe for his centre forward. But not in midfield.

Porto: Costinha, Maniche, Pedro Mendes, Deco

Chelsea: Essien, Makelele, Tiago, Lampard, Duff, Robben, Cole

Inter: Cambiasso, Stankovic, Thiago Motta, Sneijder, Muntari

Madrid: Khedira, Alonso, Kaka', Ozil, di Maria

Chelsea: Matic, Fabgreas, Oscar, Hazard, Willian, Ramires

There's probably 3 players in there you could argue are like Pogba. Essien, Muntari and Ramires. Muntari was a squad players and Ramires went from regular starter to rarely starting when Mourinho took over. Seems more to be he likes defensively disciplined players who have a bit of technical ability about them, a clever #10 and then bags of pace for his wingers. 

Edited by kurtsimonw

2 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

They aren't really fun to watch in general in my opinion. 

Mourinho's team rarely are. Chelsea were so good because they grinded out 1-0 wins constantly. Mourinho was even quoted saying winning 1-0 is the easiest thing to do in football. His tactics are get a goal, and lock it up for the rest of the match. If the other team equalizes, he goes on the offensive again and then repeat. 

On 12/12/2016 at 04:32, Czechlad said:

Mourinho's team rarely are. Chelsea were so good because they grinded out 1-0 wins constantly. Mourinho was even quoted saying winning 1-0 is the easiest thing to do in football. His tactics are get a goal, and lock it up for the rest of the match. If the other team equalizes, he goes on the offensive again and then repeat. 

Having a tactic to 'get a goal' is a lot easier said than done. 

Â