Manchester United

BOF

1 minute ago, ml1dch said:

So it's because of Rooney that Mourinho isn't picking the like of Mkhitarian and Martial, has decided to ostracise Shaw and Schweinsteiger and won't play the (seemingly) only formation that their record signing manages to do well in.

That's a lot of power that Wayne holds in his stubby little hands.

You have extrapolated a little too much there in parts.  But in other parts you've also slightly hit the nail, albeit a glancing blow :) 

Just now, BOF said:

Yes Hanoi.  He's picking him in the Europa League.  I say as much within the very post you quoted asking the question.  It's to give the first team players a break I imagine.

What I'm driving at, is that he's not doing a very good job of freezing out a player if he keeps picking him. Freezing out a bad influence is what we did to N'Zogbia, not constantly creating 'will he won't he' speculation about playing someone. 

I suppose what I'm really driving at, is that the way Mourinho is acting doesn't seem to fit this theory that there are a coterie of senior players undermining him. Of course, I welcome arguments to the contrary. But I'm currently working under my assumption, which is that Mourinho is just repeating the same tricks he used to pull, only they don't work anymore. 

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm currently working under my assumption, which is that Mourinho is just repeating the same tricks he used to pull, only they don't work anymore. 

Not much more to add so :thumb:

For Mourinho to succeed at Man Utd he'd basically need a complete personality transplant.  When he took over I thought he'd actually make an effort considering he'd been hankering for the job ever since Fergie left but it's the same old shit and the rest of the big teams have moved on.  Sir Bobby was right all along when he was against appointing him a couple of years back.  Jose's failures are always hilarious to watch.

I heard the board arent happy at Mourinho attitude. It doesnt look good for big sponsors with his behaviour on the sideline, you can get away when winning

I do think their is poisonous forces in the dressing room but Mourinho is most poisonous of all, some players probably not far behind him

They have too many medicore players who are either internally injured or just not good enough when fit.....Rojo....Jones....Smalling (had a good 18 months but he was abysmal in the cup final)...Young....Blind (quite a good footballer but in other games his lack of pace and strength are very apparent)....and that's just at the back. Their only world class player there is De Gea.

Midfield and strikering productive should however be a lot better given the talent but it all still looks a bit unbalanced to me.

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

I heard the board arent happy at Mourinho attitude. It doesnt look good for big sponsors with his behaviour on the sideline, you can get away when winning

They knew what they were getting when they hired him. He's a bad loser who can't take it when things don't go his way and definitely can't take criticism at all. All his "antics" are distraction tactics and ways to make himself the centre of attention. Mourinho is only interested in one thing and that's himself, he doesn't care about the club he's managing.

It's a pretty poor squad. You have a few winners in Ibra, Pogba, Rooney and Schweinsteiger. The first two are doing their job. Rooney is a bench player, Schweinsteiger is a reserve team bench player now. Mata and Mkhitaryan are the type you would look to to make things happen, but they just play lazy and bury their head because things are a bit tough. The rest of their team is just potential, or just shit. 

They need 4 new defenders and 2 new midfielders just to be competitive.

I wonder if Rooney gets the 1 goal he needs to become outright leading scorer at United before the end of January he'll move on in that window? Maybe the new found wealthy owners at Everton want a big name to show for their investment?

In one of those odd football coincidences Man Uniteds next game is away to.... Everton. It seems written in the same stars that Wayne breaks the United record there doesn't it. It would be interesting to see how the Everton fans take it if he does score as he is very popular still with the fans and  many would like to see him back there before he retires.

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

In one of those odd football coincidences Man Uniteds next game is away to.... Everton. It seems written in the same stars that Wayne breaks the United record there doesn't it. It would be interesting to see how the Everton fans take it if he does score as he is very popular still with the fans and  many would like to see him back there before he retires.

He's suspended for that game. 

Mourinho's treatment of Schwinsteiger bemuses me.

Bomb squaded him in the summer for the crime of seemingly being signed by LVG and now mid season reinstated him into the first team squad...part of me thinks the old ruthless Mourinho would never have done a u turn like that.

Fair enough if he's knuckled down but anyone could've told you he would do that as he's been a model pro right through his career.

He's past it anyway nowadays so don't think he'll make much difference for them if he plays in prem games.

Â