Manchester United

BOF

Manchester United duo Morgan Schneiderlin and Memphis Depay will not be selected while their futures remain unresolved, manager Jose Mourinho says.

Everton hope to conclude a deal for Schneiderlin, 27, but United are yet to receive an acceptable bid for the midfielder, according to Mourinho.

"I will allow both of them to leave - if the right offer comes. Until this moment, no," said Mourinho.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38532747

All the talent in the world, signs for Manchester United. What an opportunity. What a fool.

Should have knuckled down Memphis, no coming back by the looks of it.

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

56th Fa Cup game in a row that plucky underdogs Manchester United are on the television

I guess the argument may be that the massive viewing figures for those games justify the 'potential giant-killing' game between League One strugglers and Conference promotion hopefuls that one man and his dog watch. 

Or maybe I'm talking out of my arse. 

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

Wr 55th actually, which I'm sure everyone can agree is perfectly reasonable. ;)

my bad I will retract my anger for their 4th round home clash vs Middlesbrough

• Like 1

So within 5 minutes of the game ending BT sport had a compilation of Rooney's goals and within 5 minutes of his goal BBC had a full article on him. Bit strange for someone who still hasn't BROKE the record.

Am I wrong here? This is madness.

11 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

So within 5 minutes of the game ending BT sport had a compilation of Rooney's goals and within 5 minutes of his goal BBC had a full article on him. Bit strange for someone who still hasn't BROKE the record.

Am I wrong here? This is madness.

Although it isn't outright, he is still technically Man Utds top goal scorer ever, so is a record holder. Fair play to the guy, top scorer for Man Utd and England, not a bad career. If only he could have done it on the biggest stages though.....

• Like 3

Indeed, a very good career. For all his criticism, it isn't easy to be top scorer for a club or country. To do it for a major club like United and for a country like England is hugely impressive. Not to mention, certainly at club level, doing it from wide/#10 role quite often.

• Like 2

Don't care for his England record, padded out with goals in friendlies and hilariously weak teams in various qualifying groups, only performed at one international tournament and that was in 2004. His England record is largely meaningless. 

He is also very lucky to have broken Charlton's record, Rooney has been at least below par for the past couple of seasons and should have been shipped out by now. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Don't care for his England record, padded out with goals in friendlies and hilariously weak teams in various qualifying groups, only performed at one international tournament and that was in 2004. His England record is largely meaningless. 

He is also very lucky to have broken Charlton's record, Rooney has been at least below par for the past couple of seasons and should have been shipped out by now. 

What a complete nonsense of a post. 

Goals at tournaments: Rooney 7-5 Charlton
Goals in qualifying: Rooney 30-9 Charlton
Goals in friendlies: Rooney 16-35 Charlton

As for standard of opposition. Charlton scored hat-tricks against Switzerland, USA and Mexico in friendlies - we won those games 8-1, 8-1 and 8-0. 

Rooney's goal scoring record is impressive. Has he only really played well at one tournament? IMO yes, but that doesn't change his record. The majority of Charlton's goals were in one tournament. I've not watched the '62 World Cup or Euro '64, etc. so can't judge his performance. But I imagine it didn't take much to get deeper in to tournaments with the laughable quality of opposition the more developed football nations competed against back then. 

If anyone 'had it easy' in terms of goalscoring, it was certainly the previous record holder. I know it's cool to hate certain players. Particularly if they play at big names clubs and they're English. But diminishing records like that comes across as very petty and bitter.

Edited by kurtsimonw
  • Like 3

No it is your post that is utterly bizarre, my comments on his England record had nothing to do with Charlton so I have absolutely no idea in hell as to why you put so much effort into the comparison. Viz. Charlton I merely pointed out that Rooney has been past his sell by date at United and thus is lucky to have broken the United record. Cheers.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

No it is your post that is utterly bizarre, my comments on his England record had nothing to do with Charlton so I have absolutely no idea in hell as to why you put so much effort into the comparison. Viz. Charlton I merely pointed out that Rooney has been past his sell by date at United and thus is lucky to have broken the United record.

:crylaugh:

Nothing to do with his England record - aside from mentioning "England record" twice in that post. Then commenting on friendlies/easy games. For someone so on the ball, I'd have thought you'd know that he hasn't broken the Untied record, yet. :)

If only there was a way for me to stop having to read these hilarious posts.

Just now, kurtsimonw said:

:crylaugh:

Nothing to do with his England record - aside from mentioning "England record" twice in that post. Then commenting on friendlies/easy games. For someone so on the ball, I'd have thought you'd know that he hasn't broken the Untied record, yet. :)

If only there was a way for me to stop having to read these hilarious posts.

Perhaps learn how to read in the first place? 

2 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

What a complete nonsense of a post. 

Goals at tournaments: Rooney 7-5 Charlton
Goals in qualifying: Rooney 30-9 Charlton
Goals in friendlies: Rooney 16-35 Charlton

As for standard of opposition. Charlton scored hat-tricks against Switzerland, USA and Mexico in friendlies - we won those games 8-1, 8-1 and 8-0. 

Rooney's goal scoring record is impressive. Has he only really played well at one tournament? IMO yes, but that doesn't change his record. The majority of Charlton's goals were in one tournament. I've not watched the '62 World Cup or Euro '64, etc. so can't judge his performance. But I imagine it didn't take much to get deeper in to tournaments with the laughable quality of opposition the more developed football nations competed against back then. 

If anyone 'had it easy' in terms of goalscoring, it was certainly the previous record holder. I know it's cool to hate certain players. Particularly if they play at big names clubs and they're English. But diminishing records like that comes across as very petty and bitter.

Lets not forget that Booby Charlton wasn't a forward. he scored most of goals from midfield. They had the likes of George Best and Dennis Law up front. Charlton was sensational in the 66 world cup. So sacred of him the Germans chose their best player to man mark him in the final.

• Like 2

Â