Manchester United

BOF

Their fall from grace since Ferguson left has been pretty dramatic.

And fantastically amusing.
Quite right.

I think we all expected a bit of a dip whilst things adjusted to the new regime but still 2 years on they are seemingly in more chaos on and off the field. Brilliant. Just need them now to get into some financial difficulties to really LOL.

gill leaving is starting to look more and more like having the same impact as dein leaving arsenal, hopefully paired with fergie going they wont get away with it

cant imagine that with that kind of money they couldnt have afforded a number of top strikers in europe, benzema, cavani, maybe even reus, the pulling power isnt there, all that money spent since fergie, have they bought one top top player in their prime? not off the top of my head they havent, they've overspent on youth, overspent on bang average players and overspent on players who are about to decline

Their fall from grace will only ever be total when we beat them at Villa Park :(

Which will be never. They could be in League 2 and they'd still comfortably beat us every season.

I'm willing to bet that we'll beat Chelsea, Man City and Arsenal at least three times each before we beat United again.

• Like 3

gill leaving is starting to look more and more like having the same impact as dein leaving arsenal, hopefully paired with fergie going they wont get away with it

cant imagine that with that kind of money they couldnt have afforded a number of top strikers in europe, benzema, cavani, maybe even reus, the pulling power isnt there, all that money spent since fergie, have they bought one top top player in their prime? not off the top of my head they havent, they've overspent on youth, overspent on bang average players and overspent on players who are about to decline

Di Maria. But then van Gaal played him at wing back and cm  :lol:

Di Maria. But then van Gaal played him at wing back and cm  :lol:

He never started a match at wing back and played there at the end of a match like once when we were chasing so he was effectively just playing as a winger. He played at CM during the start of the season and it was his best spell all season, he also played centrally for Madrid the year before in which was the best season of his career so hardly laughable to play him in the position he has excelled at most. 

Edited by tommybread

Seems like it's all going tits up at Old Trafford then if reports are to be believed. van Gaal seems to be pissing off a lot of the first team who are unhappy with his training methods. I can see them not winning anything for some time. 

LVG is the biggest mistake in United's recent history. Certainly in my lifetime.

He is abysmal.

I don't think he is abysmal, I think it's a combinaton of the way he works (hardline) and the cloud of Fergie that hangs over Old Trafford which will be United's biggest problem for the next few seasons

It does seem as though it may be going diddies up.  I'm hearing something similar, so it's bad news if it's creeping out into the meeja too.  Management and certain managers need the right place and the right time.  It might be the case that LVG, undoubtedly a great manager, has picked the wrong place and/or the wrong time with United.  Let's see.  I don't think his summer wishlist did him any favours.  With the best will in the world they were never getting Ronaldo, Neymar, Bale or Müller.

It does seem as though it may be going diddies up.  I'm hearing something similar, so it's bad news if it's creeping out into the meeja too.  Management and certain managers need the right place and the right time.  It might be the case that LVG, undoubtedly a great manager, has picked the wrong place and/or the wrong time with United.  Let's see.  I don't think his summer wishlist did him any favours.  With the best will in the world they were never getting Ronaldo, Neymar, Bale or Müller.

I don't think anyone will be able to do anything there for a while. The whole "well Fergie didn't do it this way" mentallity seems to be something they can't quite get over yet.

Â