Manchester United

BOF

It starts and ends with Ed Woodward. Nothing really to do with LVG. It happened under Moyes aswell. Great at negotiating sponsorship deals...Awful at negotiating with players/agents/clubs. Isnt this the same guy who was negotiating with fake agent city fans for awhile?

I should note: it isnt really their fault about DDG though. Real madrid were apparently low-balling all summer so it isnt really their fault its taken until the last day to get it done (well maybe get it done). United wanted that mess sorted as quick as possible i bet

Edited by gharperr

Reading on twitter that monaco have confirmed its €80 million. What the ****?

I'm not sure how true this is, but I was listening to Collymore earlier and he claims that Spurs Bid £12m for him at the start of the window, Monaco rejected that but said they could have him if they raised their bid to £20m. As I said, its talksport so probably nonsense, bit if that is true why have UTD gone so high? Monaco it seems have played on their desperation.
I'm sure he signed a new contract after, hence the high price.

The whole transfer approach of manure has been shambolic and looks not planned since lvg became manager. The de gea circus is just an example of that and they are left with a player who doesn't want to be there who the fans know doesn't want to be the and will give him stick should he play and will be patently off as soon as the January window opens. The next 4 months will not be good for him or manure and I wonder if a cheeky loan bid for him should be made!

Since Moyes became manager tbfh.

• Like 1

Reading on twitter that monaco have confirmed its €80 million. What the ****?

I'm not sure how true this is, but I was listening to Collymore earlier and he claims that Spurs Bid £12m for him at the start of the window, Monaco rejected that but said they could have him if they raised their bid to £20m. As I said, its talksport so probably nonsense, bit if that is true why have UTD gone so high? Monaco it seems have played on their desperation.
I'm sure he signed a new contract after, hence the high price.

That would certainly explain the price rise. Still raise's the question of why UTD didn't get this done earlier.

Man Utd just give the impression that behind the scenes nobody quite knows who is in charge or what they are doing.

Losing Fergie and the Chief Exec at the same time was a perfect storm.

One might speculate that a certain Chief Executive saw the writing on the wall when Ferguson left and bolted for the nearest exit to save his reputation. It was always going to be a mess given the terrible squad Ferguson left them with.

So Real Madrid, who clearly live in their own privileged cloud cuckoo land most of the time, have spent a year tapping up DDG. They then wait until 11 hours before the deadline to put in their first official bid for the player and then complain about United when everything doesn't go smoothly? Gettaf*ck :)

Well without a doubt Madrid have nothing to complain about but negotiations are always two ways streets. To think the first contact between the two clubs was 11 hours ago is pretty naive.

Utd set the bar very high (think I read it would have been 4th highest fee ever for player with 12 months contract left) and were playing a game of brinkmanship with Madrid. In the event it has backfired big time. Utd now have a royally pissed off player who will leave for a lot less in Jan or nothing at all in the summer.

I would love to hear some of the language being used by both clubs internally on this one.

You think Real didn't want him then? It's hard to know just how high the bar was set if Real never actually made a bid until yesterday. They never even tested the bar. I agree that what goes around comes around and also that United have in the past been very wrong, but on this one its all on Real and their expectation that they could waltz in at the 11th hour and wrap everything up.

Glad im not alone in thinking Madrid werent all surprised this didnt get done. They like their marquee signings, and something about the way this all happened makes me think they didnt appreciate united holding them to ransom so thought theyd get DDG on a free next summer and its win win for them. If a club like Madrid want something done, they get it done.

United are the big losers in this.

You think Real didn't want him then? It's hard to know just how high the bar was set if Real never actually made a bid until yesterday. They never even tested the bar. I agree that what goes around comes around and also that United have in the past been very wrong, but on this one its all on Real and their expectation that they could waltz in at the 11th hour and wrap everything up.

I'm not sure what I said that implied I thought Real didn't want him, that isn't any part of my thought process on this.

I absolutely think they wanted him but I also think Man United failed to fully grasp or accept their weak position and that they weren't the biggest shark in the water on this one. 

I personally think its down to United failing to realise early enough the weakness of their position and tried to be in charge of a situation out of their control.

Now Real will likely sign him on a Bosman deal come the 1st of Jan, its a repeat of the Cleverley situation last summer only on a bigger scale.

Real Madrid release statement and timeline of yesterdays events

There's a circus in the town in the town...

Haha, pathetic. Like it's the first time ever that something like this has happened and how could poor old Real be on the receiving end. **** them.

Just read this after my reply above.

We seemingly see this one very differently.

I think they are entitled to tell their fans/the media and anyone else interested where this fell down because otherwise the fingers were seemingly all pointing in their direction.

As you've done, people are blaming Real but if that is accurate that Man Utd didn't open negotiations until yesterday then I'm not sure how that stance is justified.

Â